Author Topic: How to Upload Your Photos  (Read 46041 times)

Offline Les

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
Re: How to Upload Your Photos
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2015, 10:12 AM »
Don't think CA will mind, He has been gone 2 or 3 years now ;)

Offline Stu-pot

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2015, 02:29 PM »
Has he. Where's he gone mate?   Cheek of it!   I've been stuck here... Lol.  Thanks les.  I'll have another go tomorrow..cheers

Mr. Punter

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2018, 09:26 PM »
Is this still the preferred method? I've just been using the "Attachments and other options" function under the text entry box which affords no option to place images and simply tags them at the bottom of a post.

This outlined method from 2009 is a bit drawn out and disjointed.  It is very clunky but it does work.

I used to use a different forum that had excellent control over placement of uploaded images inline in posts simply be checking a checkbox.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 09:49 PM by livo »

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2018, 09:58 PM »
Hard to know what is recommended, to be honest.  I normally upload from Picasa, then insert the relevant URL in an [ IMG ] ... [ /IMG ] element, but you can also use
Code: [Select]
http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/imagehost/ and then just paste the proffered BB code.  However, this won't automatically resize the image for you, so you may need to add (e.g.), " width=640" in the opening [ IMG ] tag.  The following is an example of the latter technique, with width=320

** Phil.

« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 02:13 PM by Peripatetic Phil »

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2018, 10:20 PM »
Hmm. Code editing to place images in a forum post in 2018. :(
« Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 10:38 PM by livo »

Offline jalfreziT

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2019, 08:41 AM »
Yousef/Admin - can we get the site to actually upload and host images. I wanted to share an image, and I really can't be bothered to fanny around uploading it to a third party hosting site, before adding links, etc. etc.

There has to be a quicker and easier way and I'm sure it would encourage more users to post pictures.

Offline Yousef

• Elite Curry Master
  • Curry Recipes Site Owner
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2019, 03:16 PM »
Yousef/Admin - can we get the site to actually upload and host images. I wanted to share an image, and I really can't be bothered to fanny around uploading it to a third party hosting site, before adding links, etc. etc.

There has to be a quicker and easier way and I'm sure it would encourage more users to post pictures.
Hello
You can upload your images as attachments

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
Posting images as attachments and inline
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2020, 04:25 PM »
Will try and figure out AGAIN how to post on this site.
What exactly is the problem, UF ?  To attach an image to this reply, I first click on Attachments and other options, then browse for the image I want to attach, and finally click on "Post".  Up to four seven images can be attached to any one post.  Alternatively, if the images are already online somewhere, all that is needed is to click on the "Insert Image" icon () and then insert the image URL between the opening and closing [IMG] tags, optionally specifying an attribute 'width=<whatever>' in the opening tag.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2020, 07:30 PM by Peripatetic Phil »

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Posting images as attachments and inline
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2020, 06:03 PM »
Photos may need to be resized. Up to 7 per post now Phil. Shame there isn't an easy post inline option.

I use Fotosizer. Take photos off my phone. Crop image if desired. Then use fotosizer to resize images to 90% maintaining aspect ratio. This is the process I needed to use on the previous forum system image requirements. It may not still be required under the current forum image requirements, but I've continued the process anyway.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2020, 06:41 PM by livo »

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
Re: Posting images as attachments and inline
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2020, 07:37 PM »
Photos may need to be resized.

Not necessary for attachments, Livo

©2024 Curry Recipes