Author Topic: Chicken Tikka/Tandoori Marinade  (Read 26286 times)

Offline Curry addict bob

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Chicken Tikka/Tandoori Marinade
« Reply #60 on: May 05, 2016, 07:44 PM »
Well said CAB, the taste or preferred method imo is down to personal preference.
Very kind of you to share with us all..

Your Welcome LC

CAB.

Hi Bob as a forum member who has made a good few of the marinades Posted, well I always found mustard oil very important to my own preferred taste.

Would you agree it adds something extra to the marinade?

Thanks. Lc.

Yes LC it does for me it's hard to put this taste into words but it's like a added extra heat! Help me out how would you explain itt

CAB.

littlechilie

« Reply #61 on: May 05, 2016, 07:58 PM »
For me when used in tikka marinade it's a depth of flavour, it is difficult to describe. My description would be it makes the marinade taste a little more deep in flavour by this I find it enhances all the other flavours making them pungent.
I definitely can tell if I leave it out. Sorry that's my best explanation.

Offline Curry addict bob

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 05, 2016, 08:00 PM »
It's all getting a bit technical is this, however even though my initial video included yogurt I also stated it was optional , in fact I have made it many times without the yogurt just using the lemon or even fresh lime juice. You would be hard pressed to tell the difference and I sometimes think the yogurt can be too messy but it's personal preference.

CAB

Quite right, Bob. It's a shame that your original post has been hijacked by people making unfounded claims and others who no longer post here popping in to stir things up.

Yes Garp some members like to push their strong opinions down your throat

CAB.

Offline Curry addict bob

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 05, 2016, 08:04 PM »
For me when used in tikka marinade it's a depth of flavour, it is difficult to describe. My description would be it makes the marinade taste a little more deep in flavour by this I find it enhances all the other flavours making them pungent.
I definitely can tell if I leave it out. Sorry that's my best explanation.

Yes LC you have hit the nail on the head cheers.

CAB.

Offline Ghoulie

• Indian Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 06, 2016, 12:10 PM »
Good tip on the mustard oil in a marinade LC - will give it a go

As for Garps little rantings by ignoring the findings of one Heston Blumenthal in order to sidestep and beat his own lemon juice drum (missing the point entirely)  - there's a quaint old  saying in Cheshire where I hail from - 'No point knocking when there's nobody in !'

Can we look forward to a new tv contest series featuring Garps vs Hestons expertise ?

©2024 Curry Recipes