Author Topic: Rajver phall sauce-( as cooked by me)  (Read 8487 times)

Offline parker21

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
Rajver phall sauce-( as cooked by me)
« on: February 05, 2008, 02:40 PM »
hi guys/gls
went to Rajver last night and asked to see my phall sauce cooked (having already witnessed the making of my vindaloo and a madras sauce), they said yes of course come through as it was not busy. so i went into the kitchen expecting to be shown how
it is cooked, but to my surprise the chef asked if i wanted to cook it i couldn't believe it so i said yes.so here goes with the making of Rajvers' phall sauce.

Rajver phall sauce ( will fill normal large foil container)

2 tbsp of curry oil(warmed from the ghee pot at the back of the cooker)
1 pinch of chopped garlic
1 1/2 tsp of rajver masala(their mixed curry powder, 4 parts turmeric, 2 parts rajah madras curry powder, 1 part chilli powder 1 part coriander, 1 part cummin and 1/2 part paprika)
2 rounded dsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 dsp tomato puree (concentrate from a tin watered 50/50)actually looked like blended tomatoes
3 1/2 ladles of runny curry gravy
1 tbsp of lemon juice
a pinch of chopped coriander

heat frying pan (medium heat) for about 10-15 seconds then add the curry oil,
add the garlic and when it starts to float remove from the heat and add the curry powder the chilli powder,salt and tomato puree and mix well returning to the heat now on medium high). when you smell toffee aroma (fumes) add the first ladle of
curry gravy mix well it quickly reduces then add rest of the curry gravy mix well and allow to bubble for a couple of minutes (add your choice of main ingredient here).
then add the lemon juice stir in. cook for 2 more minutes or until you have the desired consistency add the coriander and mix in. turn off the heat and let it sit for 30 seconds. garnish with another pinch of coriander and serve!

the sauce was fantastic and i cooked it first hand. and that cost a grand total of ?2.50, i had already precooked rice and my chicken and then added it to the sauce, adrenalin was still pumping round 2 hours later! an experience never to be missed.

i hope you chilli heads out there will try this hot and totally delicious!

regards
gary

Offline parker21

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Rajver phall sauce-( as cooked by me)
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2008, 02:44 PM »
sorry in all it took about 5 minutes to cook! ;D
regards
gary

Offline Bobby Bhuna

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2008, 02:48 PM »
Sounds awesome. I really want to try this. Sounds so simple - and for me the simple ones are often the best ones.

Offline ast

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2008, 07:09 PM »
Great work, gary!

I'll definitely need to try this one as well.  Thanks a million for posting, and what a buzz from the experience! ;D

Cheers,

ast

Offline haldi

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2008, 08:17 PM »
Thanks Gary
           Your recipe looks a bit classier than mine
Mine is basically fried tomato puree with chilli powder
I'm getting a long list of recipes to try and this is on it
It's brilliant in the kitchens isn't it?
How's their English?
The people I know are really nice, but it's very difficult to talk
I just smile a lot
So do they, actually
I think I'm the entertainment

Offline parker21

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2008, 05:56 AM »
hi haldi
the chefs do not really speak english well but there are a couple of the waiters that i get on with that are happy to clear up anything that i do not understand. i am currently trying to help with the advertising with the business delivering as many menus as i can for them in exchange for free food, a good deal but hard work and well worth it. if there are any dishes that we want then let me know and i will try to get a demo. i know that the recipes are for the relative sauces ie madras, vindaloo and phall but then there can be no confusion and you get to choose your main ingredient whether it be vegetarian, chicken or lamb options, plus they are cheaper than paying for the main dish as a whole, if you know what i mean. i will try to post the menu at some point. if anyone can help with the knowledge of how to do this then i would appreciate the help.

also could admin try to realign the posts for Rajver that i posted into 1 section as there are three base sauces and i'm getting a little confused at which base peeps are going on about.  :-[ ;) as the latest one i posted does not stand out very well.

regards
gary

Offline haldi

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2008, 08:06 AM »
This could get quite complicated couldn't it
Your curry recipes should link through to the base that goes with it (if there is one)
If there is no reciped base, then maybe a recommended one could be provided
I'm not totally sure which is the most "up to date" version of your demo base

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2008, 06:35 PM »
Can someone tell me where the definitive rajver base is please, I intend to make it tomorrow.

Offline SnS

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2008, 10:00 PM »
I'm not sure if it is as there seems to be a later version that was posted with a vindaloo recipe. I'll try this if no one can say definitely which one is the right one.

©2024 Curry Recipes