Author Topic: Biggest Curry Influences  (Read 8255 times)

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
Re: Biggest Curry Influences
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2017, 09:51 AM »
Not a "curry influence" per se but definitely worth acquiring and reading :  Harold McGee's On Food and Cooking :  the Science and Lore of the Kitchen.  One quote should suffice to explain why (the author is himself quoting Dr Samuel Johnson) :
I could write a better book of cookery than has ever yet been written; it should be a book upon philosophical principles. Pharmacy is now made much more simple. Cookery may be made so too. A prescription which is now compounded of five ingredients, had formerly fifty in it. So in cookery, if the nature of the ingredients be well known, much fewer will do.
** Phil.

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2017, 05:15 PM »
An American teaching BIR doesn't really work in my book  ;)

I'll put an inscription in the book and direct him here.

T63

From looking at his website I doubt he would have anything to offer here. And I also doubt he'd be bothered being here anyway. He's far too busy monetising his AmeriBIR style.

Online tempest63

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2017, 05:51 AM »

From looking at his website I doubt he would have anything to offer here. And I also doubt he'd be bothered being here anyway. He's far too busy monetising his AmeriBIR style.
[/quote]

I was thinking more of the lad I am gifting the book to. I will direct him here to learn from you BIR Guys.

©2024 Curry Recipes