Author Topic: CTM recipe from a local restaurant  (Read 4394 times)

Offline RobinB

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
CTM recipe from a local restaurant
« on: December 04, 2013, 01:46 PM »
Here is a recipe published in a village magazine from a local Indian restaurant called Dine Asia. It doesn't use a base sauce as we know it but has one of sorts incorporated into it.

Ingredients
4 boneless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
2tbsp Ginger garlic paste
1 tbsp red chilli powder
5 tbsp mustard oil
1 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp cumin powder
1tsp Garam Masala
100 ml Greek yogurt
Salt as per taste

Sauce ingredients

4tbsp vegetable oil
2 large onion cut into slice
1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
100ml water
25gm carrot slice
25gm red capiscum slice
50gm almond powder
40gm coconut powder
100ml single cream
50gm butter
3tbsp sugar

Method

1. Mix all of the ingredients with chicken in a bowl and cover and leave overnight in the fridge to absorb all the delicious flavours.
2. Preheat a conventional oven to 220c for 5 minutes.
3. Place the chicken tikka and spread it evenly on a baking tray and place the baking tray in the oven and cook for 10 minutes.
4. In a saucepan heat oil until it smoking hot then add onion capiscum slices, ginger and garlic paste. Saute for 2-3 minutes.
5. Now add water and cover saucepan with lid and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
6. Then add almond, coconut powder, butter, salt and sugar and cook for 3-4 minutes stirring well.
7. Transfer the sauce to a food processor and blend until puree smooth.
8. Add the blended sauce and the chicken tikka from the oven and cook on a low heat for a further 5 minutes.
9. Finally add the cream and cardamom powder before serving.

Offline RobinB

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
Re: CTM recipe from a local restaurant
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2013, 01:53 PM »
I've copied the above recipe word for word and noticed there's no mention of cardamom powder in the ingredients so any suggestions on quantity would be appreciated. Was thinking maybe half a tsp to begin with?

I haven't tried this yet but will give it a go maybe this weekend and post my findings.

Also haven't come across coconut powder so was just going to grate some of the creamed block stuff, I also presume Almond powder is just ground almonds?.

Robin

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2013, 02:17 PM »
I've copied the above recipe word for word and noticed there's no mention of cardamom powder in the ingredients so any suggestions on quantity would be appreciated. Was thinking maybe half a tsp to begin with?

As it says "add the cream and cardamom powder before serving", I would think in terms of a pinch, no more.  Not that I ever eat CTM, but cardamom is a pretty powerful flavouring and could easily over-power everything else if used in excess ...

** Phil.

Offline RobinB

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2013, 07:18 PM »
Cheers Phil, I shall go with a pinch. I certainly don't want the cardamom to dominate the dish.

©2024 Curry Recipes