Author Topic: Kushi Basic Balti  (Read 29910 times)

Offline Naga

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Kushi Basic Balti
« Reply #40 on: November 19, 2012, 12:31 PM »
Tesco are doing a bottle for 50p at the moment.

I must walk around with my eyes shut lol! Thanks, UF! :)

Offline Naga

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 19, 2012, 07:59 PM »
...can I point you to the following Chicken Jalfrezi. ...

Well, I made this tonight more or less to the spec provided by Axe and my verdict? Delicious! Nothing like the bland curry I prepared last night at all.

Because I made the dish at short notice, I replaced the Chef's Masala Paste with the Zaal Red Masala Paste from the freezer, the ground aniseed with ground star anise, and the chilli pickle with my own volcano-hot Chilli Jam which I made fresh earlier this afternoon.

I suppose it could be argued that those 3 replacement ingredients may have changed the recipe significantly, but hey ho! I thoroughly enjoyed it and that, for me, was the main objective.

Sadly, my good lady wife couldn't partake as she prefers to hold on to her tastebuds, but that only means that Part II is in the fridge for me tomorrow! :)

Thanks again to Axe and to UF, whose suggestion I'll try as soon as I get some Kewra water.

Offline Malc.

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2013, 03:23 PM »
Hi Naga,

I don't know why it's taken me so long to find your reply but i'm glad you enjoyed the dish. The Zaal masala paste should add the same dynamic to the dish that is intended and using your own jam, should also be fine.

:)

Offline Naga

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 03, 2013, 05:02 PM »
Aye, it was very good indeed - I'll be making it again in the next couple of days! :)

I add the chilli jam to just about everything now and it imparts a really nice, deep and subtle heat to the dishes without being cloyingly sweet.

©2024 Curry Recipes