Author Topic: Kushi Beef Balti - won the local curry club  (Read 16703 times)

Online George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Kushi Beef Balti - won the local curry club
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2012, 11:16 AM »
How does the forum have much to do with it, on this occasion? Or did you use a recipe that someone unfairly posted here, in serious breach of copyright law and any reasonable standard of common decency, IMHO?

I feel quite strongly about this - if indeed it was the Kushi Balti recipe you used because, also IMHO, that book is close to being the best BIR-focussed publication since sliced bread. Shouldn't they be getting the credit? I'm having more and more success with the recipes in there.

George, I guess that I'm guilty of this with this book.  I did this back in my early posting days, not really giving consideration to copyright law, however, I do think that it has to be said that a fair few members have actually bought the book on the back of reading one or two of the post's from cr0, so in that respect Mr Haydor has probably generated a nice 'little earner' on the back of cr0?

The fact that he hasn't taken any legal action, suggests that he is fine with the 'free' advertising that this fantastic forum has provided?

This however, does not negate the fact that he did protect his work by copyright, and I should have respected that copyright at the time.  Maybe the active moderators of that time or even Admin should have protected it's 'naive' posters and should have clearly advised on copyright law?

Ray - I think your response indicates what a thoroughly decent bloke you are. Posting quite a few recipes out of one book is about the only thing you've ever done, which I would question. You might be right that it's brought more sales, than lost opportunities for the authors. i don't know but it's still illegal, of course.

Anyway, a key point is that the Kushi Balti book is so good, that it ought to be a best-seller: highly recommended.

©2024 Curry Recipes