Author Topic: Mutton Bhuna  (Read 10832 times)

Offline 976bar

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Mutton Bhuna
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2012, 08:19 PM »
Hi 976bar what base and spice mix did you use?
Looks absolutely delicious this is a must try, will do this tomorrow.
Also how much salt and green pepper, the dreaded question mark again, i suspect half a teaspoon salt and half a pepper.
Thanks.

Hi Frank,

When I first made this I used the Taz's base and Spice mix. I use about a third of a green pepper for an individual dish and about 3/4 to 1 teaspoon of salt which I find brings out the flavour to the dish :)

Offline Unclefrank

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2012, 08:45 PM »
Thanks 976bar, much appreciated.

Offline Edwin Catflap

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2012, 11:30 AM »
Hi 976, it's the use of garlic in the main that I,d like to you what you do exactly with both the pur

Offline 976bar

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2012, 12:13 PM »
Hi 976, it's the use of garlic in the main that I,d like to you what you do exactly with both the pur

Offline Edwin Catflap

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2012, 02:38 PM »
Hi 976 made this the other day with what's called a mutton back strap, a long very lean fillet, and slow cooked it like you siggested for 4 hoyurs till tender. Then made to spec the curry and was very pleased with the results. Its my first Bhuna and it was very full of flavour from the tomatoes, peppers, onion and of course the mutton. It had a subtle level of heat and i garnished with a couple of extra cooked through green finger chilli's. I will definatley make this again and will definately be using more mutton (photo's next time)

Cheers 976! :P

Offline 976bar

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2012, 04:47 PM »
Hi 976 made this the other day with what's called a mutton back strap, a long very lean fillet, and slow cooked it like you siggested for 4 hoyurs till tender. Then made to spec the curry and was very pleased with the results. Its my first Bhuna and it was very full of flavour from the tomatoes, peppers, onion and of course the mutton. It had a subtle level of heat and i garnished with a couple of extra cooked through green finger chilli's. I will definatley make this again and will definately be using more mutton (photo's next time)

Cheers 976! :P

Hi Edwin,

I'm glad you enjoyed it :)

As I have said before, Bhuna is supposed to be a medium heat dish so as not to spoil all the other flavours. However, everyone has the right to their own heat levels or spice likings and this is why I never contest other peoples attempts at making curry anymore. (Yes I have been guilty in the past, but I have grown on from this now).

There will always be some on here that will ridicule others in their attempts, simply because they have been cooking for 30 years or more in restaurants/certain styles, have been taught in certain ways and manners and, "It should not be done this way, because....... my tutor of 40 years ago would turn in his grave if a single poppy seed was omitted...or whatever reason."

But I have always believed that cooking comes from the soul, it's what you create.... it's how you inspire others rather than dictate how it should be.... and having worked at the Olympics and Paralympics for the past 6 odd weeks has opened a whole new world to me about the way people cook food...

We had trainee chef's who had just completed 1 years college to Michelin starred chef's with many years experience, it taught me a lot....

I start my new job tomorrow, and hope to further my experience which I will be more than glad to share with anyone here who wants to know, but I certainly will not be telling anyone how it should be done, nor ridiculing them for their attemps :)

©2024 Curry Recipes