Author Topic: CA's Chicken Tikka Masala Phal  (Read 37758 times)

Offline shaun63

• Chef
    • View Profile
Re: CA's Chicken Tikka Masala Phal
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2012, 06:44 AM »
hi ca cooked this curry last night loved it i used ghost chilli powder came out great cheers

Offline Ghoulie

• Indian Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2012, 04:49 PM »
bet you could quite easily grow your own chillis in Thailand

Offline Helgatron

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2012, 06:56 PM »
Just attempted my first spice mix, base sauce and a version of this but with paneer, roast aubergine and pepper.

Om nom!

Helg  :)

Offline mmmcurry

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2014, 02:12 PM »
Made this a few times, to spec but use BE base, works out lovely, as others I have never been brave enough to try a phall from a bir, but this is really tasty! One time I cooked it for some indian friends (actual indians not those born n brought up abroad) so had never even heard of BIR curry before, and the lady actually asked for the recipe, of course I passed it on but she looked very confused with the methods used haha. But yea I'd take that as a compliment to your curry skills CA being asked how its done by an indian housewife haha.

Offline stevenslator@gmail.com

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2020, 08:55 PM »
Never heard of a creamy coconutty phall. I think this should be called something else as it doesn't reflect curry house phall dishes

Offline Onions

• Elite Curry Master
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2020, 08:58 AM »
True, it's probably a dish in its own right  :)  I occasionally indulge n a CTM with five or six green chilis chopped into it. Now, I'm not one of the "Vindaloo or you're not a man" crowd (Remember Mick Jagger: He can't be a man if he doesn't smoke / the same cigarettes as me"?), so if I want heat I generally go for the fresh things than powders (except for a classic BIR, admittedly-can't get around the Mick Crawford ejucation!). That way, you get the flavour of the CTM or Korma (and I think George, who I believe is a particular appreciator of the dish here, will back me in saying that, done well, it can be one of the most flavoursome BIR dishes, whether one likes chilli or not) yet still, every now and then, get a blast of heat with a random chilli chew (!!!). It's a nice contrast

©2024 Curry Recipes