Author Topic: IFINDFORU THE BIR OR T/A GURAVY /SPOT ON./ THIS IS MY FINAL BASE GURAVY  (Read 32016 times)

Offline Les

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
  Also, not that it matters one iota but, Ifindforu, are you a girl or a boy?
Ray :)

Hi Ray
If you check Terry's Log-in Account It say's Female, So I take it Terry is a Girl/Woman, (Unless she is telling porkies ;) ) And No It don't matter one little bit. ;D

Les

Offline ifindforu

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: IFINDFORU THE BIR OR T/A GURAVY /SPOT ON./ THIS IS THE FINAL
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2012, 09:49 PM »
dont forget to burn the spice by just adding 1 laddle of guravy to it and leave it fry for about 3 mins then adding the rest of the guravy
I'll do my best to singe rather than burn the spices Terry ;D
hope you enjoy

Offline ifindforu

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile

Hi Ray
If you check Terry's Log-in Account It say's Female, So I take it Terry is a Girl/Woman, (Unless she is telling porkies ;) ) And No It don't matter one little bit. ;D

Les
im a taffy man les lol

Offline Les

• View Profile

Hi Ray

Les
im a taffy man les lol

So you told Porkies on your account then Terry :o

ifindforu Head Chef
Date Registered: October 29, 2005, 04:39:15 PM
Local Time:January 02, 2012, 10:02:57
Language:English
Last Active: Today at 09:54:26 PM

Les

Offline ifindforu

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile

Hi Ray

Les
im a taffy man les lol

So you told Porkies on your account then Terry :o

ifindforu Head Chef
Date Registered: October 29, 2005, 04:39:15 PM
Local Time:January 02, 2012, 10:02:57
Language:English
Last Active: Today at 09:54:26 PM

Les
[/quote
im sure a scotts man will forgive me good night les

Offline Les

• View Profile
im sure a scotts man will forgive me good night les

We Scot's are a Big Hearted race, Even to the Welsh ;D
Night Terry

Les

Online George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
I've made it to spec so far but I'm a bit concerned about the 2:1 ginger/garlic ratio making the base taste too gingery. I appreciate that mostly garlic is added during the final cooking of dishes (3:1 garlic/ginger) so this might even up the score. But I am tempted to use 1:1 g/g for the base just so I don't have to bin the lot. I'd appreciate any opinions on this as I've made meals inedible (for me anyway) in the past by using too much ginger, and of course it can't really be removed.

I think you need to have faith in the recipe, and the person who posted it, assuming it's been typed out accurately. Make it as written, not that I'd ever make such a industrial quantity; I'd pro-rata it back to a smaller amount, so there's less to lose.  Unless anyone can make a really superb curry, how can you say in effect, that a recipe which promises so much is 'wrong' even before you've tried it?

Offline PaulP

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: IFINDFORU THE BIR OR T/A GURAVY /SPOT ON./ THIS IS THE FINAL
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2012, 10:32 PM »
Daveyham :

Quote from: ifindforu
wait to see perhaps ill reveal it in time for Christmas

What a crock of bull s__t,  get a life and stop playing forum games.  Wake up people,  Knob alert ;D 

This forum has an uncanny ability to drive away active contributors (e.g., Abdulmohed, very recently) and contributions such as yours are a fairly sure way of encouraging Ifindforu to leave as well.  You may personally regard this as no loss, but as Ifindforu has published quite extensively here, while you have published almost nothing (and certainly nothing of any significance), I would personally prefer it if Ifindforu stayed and you kept a civil tongue in your head.  Thank you.

** Phil.

Phil, sometimes your writing style and content are just so spot-on and bring a smile to my face. Don't expect Adrian (from Curry2Go) or Abdul Mohed to post much on here just to get ripped apart by certain members. But hey-how, when you have low moderation level and anonymity it is bound to happen. Kris Dhillon used to post on the other forum but not now for a long time. People just don't like the hassle they get. As you say ifindforu, although slippery at times, has provided good recipes and advice from real BIR experience so I'm prepared to be patient.  :)

Cheers,

Paul

Offline PaulP

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
I've made it to spec so far but I'm a bit concerned about the 2:1 ginger/garlic ratio making the base taste too gingery. I appreciate that mostly garlic is added during the final cooking of dishes (3:1 garlic/ginger) so this might even up the score. But I am tempted to use 1:1 g/g for the base just so I don't have to bin the lot. I'd appreciate any opinions on this as I've made meals inedible (for me anyway) in the past by using too much ginger, and of course it can't really be removed.

I think you need to have faith in the recipe, and the person who posted it, assuming it's been typed out accurately. Make it as written, not that I'd ever make such a industrial quantity; I'd pro-rata it back to a smaller amount, so there's less to lose.  Unless anyone can make a really superb curry, how can you say in effect, that a recipe which promises so much is 'wrong' even before you've tried it?

You are quite right George and I did correct myself in my second post after imagining this amount of base, and onions and garlic and ginger and realising, from experience, that I needn't have worried. Regarding making a smaller amount I prefer to make 4 to 6 litres of base as there hasn't been a base recipe I've cooked that has been a total disaster.
Well there was one but the recipe was from a traditional indian book, not a forum recipe. I've had a lot of faith in ifindforu as I was prepared to risk his stuff sold on ebay including the ground up toenail clipping jokes.  ;)

Cheers,

Paul

Offline Razor

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Can someone explain why or how the title of this thread keeps changing from;
IFINDFORU THE BIR OR T/A GURAVY /SPOT ON./ THIS IS MY FINAL BASE GURAVY
to;
IFINDFORU THE BIR OR T/A GURAVY /SPOT ON./ THIS IS THE FINAL

Ray :-\

©2024 Curry Recipes