Author Topic: Chicken Madras from scratch  (Read 13430 times)

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
Re: Chicken Madras from scratch
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2014, 09:39 PM »
It's clearly Garry's call as to whether or not the entire thread should be deleted, but from a detached perspective I would prefer that it remain.  Perhaps because a great deal of my work these days involves trying to piece together data from tiny fragments of disparate manuscripts, I perhaps recognise more than some the importance of never losing something, no matter how insignificant or unimportant it might seem at the time.  Only 100 years ago, ancient papyri were still being burned because, when burned, they gave off a nice smell; in the 13th century, a scribe, needing parchment on which to work, decided to write his text on what is now called the Archimedes Palimpsest, thereby obliterating texts that were written several centuries earlier still. These erased texts include two treatises by Archimedes that can be found nowhere else, The Method and Stomachion.  So for me, information, no matter how wrong, is always important.  I vote for keeping Garry's thread, and for us all (but especially George and Stew) to identify some way in which threads can be assigned rankings, so that someone wanting (for example) a thread describing how to make a Chicken Madras from scratch can (if he or she so chooses) start at the "Chicken Madras from Scratch" thread with the highest ranking, needing to consider other, lower-ranked, threads only if he or she does not like the results that he or she achieves using the highest ranked.

** Phil.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 04:10 PM by Phil [Chaa006] »

Offline gazman1976

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2014, 10:33 PM »
Ok keep it, can't see it doing any harm, the more info the better

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2014, 11:57 AM »
I know he was ridiculed on here with his base changing all the time, but he is only getting the info then telling us.

I think Alex would have got a better reception to his changes if he'd been up front and let us know that he was using us as a test bed for his experimentation prior to releasing it as a book.

The book's a bit of a mixed bag though with no less than five versions of korma!  :o

I wonder why he removed it from sale?

Offline gazman1976

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2014, 05:39 PM »
Dunno why he removed it, but if you make the base and ceylonese Korma to spec I guarantee you will get 100% clone of a top quality takeaway, just remember to cook the base long enough

©2024 Curry Recipes