Author Topic: Dipuraja's Lamb Madras  (Read 27759 times)

Offline gazman1976

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Dipuraja's Lamb Madras
« Reply #60 on: July 25, 2010, 07:38 PM »
I have been eating curries since the 80's and i have noticed they have changed , however there are still loads of good ones in Glasgow that you get perfect BIR quality the same as when i started eating them ! maybe the immigration control will stop that but i doubt it , i read recently on the bbc website our population will increase by 20 million and mostly because of immigrants , i asked the hotel staff and a few people who were staying in the hotel so i could make an informed choice - on a serious note if u ever get the chance to visit glasgow, inform the forum and ask for good choices, u will Defo not be dissapointed !

Offline gazman1976

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 25, 2010, 08:38 PM »
just made this again, replaced the chilli powder with deggi mirch and also added 1 teaspoon of extra hot chilli powder , was very nice and i would say it was madras hot the way i like it, also added frozen garlic crumbs ( ten or so of at the start ) - asda are now selling them in the frozen section ( obviously )

http://groceries.asda.com/asda-estore/search/searchcontainer.jsp;jsessionid=a7MHZ3ueI0hZiHvCBUEEOA**.oses4004-atg03?trailSize=1&searchString=frozen+garlic&domainName=Products&headerVersion=v1&_requestid=148284

only 64p per pack = result !

Offline 976bar

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 26, 2010, 07:18 AM »
I have been eating curries since the 80's and i have noticed they have changed , however there are still loads of good ones in Glasgow that you get perfect BIR quality the same as when i started eating them ! maybe the immigration control will stop that but i doubt it , i read recently on the bbc website our population will increase by 20 million and mostly because of immigrants , i asked the hotel staff and a few people who were staying in the hotel so i could make an informed choice - on a serious note if u ever get the chance to visit glasgow, inform the forum and ask for good choices, u will Defo not be dissapointed !

Hi Gazman,

I worked up in Scotland back in the late 80's and we stayed in a small hotel on Sauciehall Street. Well, the day we got there, we decided to go for a curry. We found one on Sauciehall street just up the road from the hotel. Went to go inside and this Indian waiter opened the door for us. He must have been about 7 feet tall, in a white shirt and black waiters trousers, black as the ace of spades....... and said to us in what must have been the most broadest Glasweigan accent, "Alright lads so you want a curry?" Well after we'd finished falling all over the place with laughter (as I would never ever had expected an Indian waiter to talk with such an accent) we went inside and had an amazing curry.

What I could not get used to was the size of the naan breads, it was almost 3 feet long. Of course we'd all ordered one and I think it lasted us about 3 weeks in the back of the van when we got peckish!! :)

Offline gazman1976

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 26, 2010, 08:15 AM »
hahaha the nan breads are still massive, i ordered a garlic nan when up in pitlochry and it was smallish and was very sweet tasting , could barely taste the garlic on it - think i will be sticking to what i know from now on and when i am on my travels probably have steak pie and chips lmao

©2024 Curry Recipes