Author Topic: Rogan Josh by Razor  (Read 107605 times)

Offline Madrasandy

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
Re: Rogan Josh by Razor
« Reply #140 on: July 22, 2015, 07:48 PM »
Looks very nice, Andy. Did you use the original recipe/method?

Yep Garp, only difference was jb over chewy base, apart from that followed to the letter

Offline Geoffbrick

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 22, 2015, 09:00 PM »
AS previous thread but on same theme,Rogan Josh tasted good particularly with a few "barleypops",meaning beers.It's an old CB radio expression,going out for a "ruby and a few barley pops". Giving my age away!Look forward to more rogans etc. Geoffbrick

Offline EuanW

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 31, 2017, 10:33 AM »
Forum seems dead so this may be a stretch but just did a new batch of Taz base and want to try this Rogan Josh recipe done in the Taz style with lamb. Any advice from more experienced guys would be great. Thinking still adding the peppers and tomatoes at the first stage with the initial Taz base reduction along with all the various whole spices, using bassar mix. Will leave the coriander chilli paste until second base sauce section is added.

Will report back if anyone is still interested !

Offline Onions

• Elite Curry Master
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 31, 2017, 12:07 PM »
Please do so EuanW; It's not dead, merely resting :D

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 31, 2017, 02:33 PM »
Thinking still adding the peppers and tomatoes at the first stage with the initial Taz base reduction

Yes to the tomatoes but probably no to the peppers or they'll soften too much.

Offline EuanW

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 31, 2017, 03:23 PM »
Thinking still adding the peppers and tomatoes at the first stage with the initial Taz base reduction

I adapted the excellent South Indian Garlic Chilli Chicken recipe on this site, to the Taz base, putting the chopped green chillies and  green pepper in at the first base reduction stage. Overall the results were amazing. Best curry I've ever made.

Looking at the original recipe here, the tomatoes go in after the peppers, so conversely, Id been considering doing it the other way around, adding the tomatoes slightly later on in the forest reduction stage.

Can't wait to get this going tonight, have been away on holiday for two weeks, thinking about cooking  a Lamb Rogan Josh the entire time I was away

Yes to the tomatoes but probably no to the peppers or they'll soften too much.

Edit - have made a mess of quoting the post in replying to, sorry if confusing haha

Offline Booty156

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 15, 2021, 04:50 AM »
Noobie here.

Have to say this is the most tastey curry I've tried on the site. But have a few questions. My peppers go soft, should I be cooking these less at the first stage. Or add them in later?

My local BIRs seem to top the dish off with a very sweet tomatoy sauce. What is this? And how is it done? Thank you

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 16, 2021, 10:04 PM »
Looking at Ray's ("Razor"s) photographs, and reading his description, it would seem to me that he intends the peppers to go soft.  If you prefer them crisper, then by all means introduce them later

©2024 Curry Recipes