Author Topic: Why the curry house is declining  (Read 14114 times)

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
Re: Why the curry house is declining
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2017, 12:33 PM »
[ -- Islamophobic rant deleted and long snip -- ]  Time we sorted the country out and looked after our own first.
"Our own", Ghoulie ?  May I ask why ?  Why do you believe that "our own" should take precedence, when there are millions and millions of people in the world who are infinitely more worse off than even our poorest citizens.  What gives us the right to abrogate our responsibilities for our fellow citoyens du monde ?  This planet is, for the time being at least, the resource pool on which every living creature known to us depends, and its resources must be distributed equitably, not merely according to accident of birth.

P.S. 
extreme unwarranted violence videoed against innocent Brit passers-by from curry house staff.
In all the reports which I have read, both at the time and subsequently, it was the curry house staff who came to the aid of the Britons who were being attacked, and most definitely not the perpetrators of the attack.  I continue to reserve judgement as to whether the Britons were indeed entirely innocent, or whether they had in fact provoked, to some lesser or greater degree, the violence attack to which they were subjected.

** Phil.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 12:50 PM by Phil [Chaa006] »

Offline Ghoulie

• Indian Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2017, 01:10 PM »
? so the waiter who smashed the metal sign over the Brits head was going to his assistance ?.  God help us Phil if your blinkered approach to life is going to be the norm.  You and your like are betraying the country with your liberal views.

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2017, 01:43 PM »
so the waiter who smashed the metal sign over the Brits head was going to his assistance ?.
Can tell me where you have found that the person using the sign as a weapon was identified as a waiter, Ghoulie ?  You may, of course, be quite correct, but without a reference to an authoritative and reliable source, it is impossible to know.  Here is what I have read (in the Evening Standard) :
A waiter at the Eastern Eye Balti House - outside which the third man was attacked - said he did not know what triggered the incident.  The man, who asked not to be named, told the Standard:
« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 01:57 PM by Phil [Chaa006] »

Offline Ghoulie

• Indian Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2017, 02:33 PM »
Phil - I merely state facts as I find them and see them - based on my 1st hand experience in foreign parts over a longer period than most.  Just like you, I am entitled to an opinion - which clearly is at odds with your commendable (but misguided IMHO) altruistic take on life - one which I do not share - preferring that charity starts at home - especially putting ex servicemen above foreigners needs.  You clearly do not like that - but it is a view shared by many many Brits.

I have no intention of entering in a debate of any sort regarding this area. You have seen my opinion - that's where it ends.

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2017, 02:43 PM »
Phil - I merely state facts as I find them and see them
If you don't want enter into a debate, that is fine by me, but I would still like to know on what basis you assert that at least one of the assailants was a waiter.

** Phil.

Offline Ghoulie

• Indian Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2017, 02:47 PM »
I don't do debates  Phil - do you understand English?  Watch the video - the assailant came from a curry house - granted - he might even have been the owner not a waiter. Now do me a favour Phil and toodle off.  I have a business to run and you clearly have too much time on your hands.

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2017, 03:19 PM »
I don't do debates  Phil
No, you just indulge in Islamophobic polemics
Watch the video - the assailant came from a curry house - granted - he might even have been the owner not a waiter.
Or he may have been a customer.  But perhaps you were too busy running your business to consider that option.
** Phil.

Offline Ghoulie

• Indian Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2017, 03:25 PM »
 .. a fair option too Phil - whichever way, he was an asian male with malice aforethought intent on severely damaging a white passer-by - but please do not patronise me with your typical liberal sarcasm - the lowest form of wit.  Can you ever learn to just zip it and leave it at peoples differing opinions?  I can !!

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2017, 03:31 PM »
Can you ever learn to just zip it and leave it at peoples differing opinions?
Then please do.  It was you who sought to re-start this topic with two highly xenophobic/Islamophobic messages at 12:04 and 12:14 today; having re-started it, it ill behoves you to also seek to finish it.

** Phil.

Offline Ghoulie

• Indian Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2017, 03:46 PM »
Henceforth, I shall dub you Pedantic Phil - perhaps you are already the holder of that nickname. Now be a good chap and toodle off - if it is in your nature?

©2024 Curry Recipes