Author Topic: Takeaway Kebab Salad  (Read 2971 times)

Offline markt01

• Chef
    • View Profile
Takeaway Kebab Salad
« on: July 18, 2017, 01:01 PM »
Does anyone know how to re create the delicious kebab salad? With the Red and white cabbage and onion?

thanks

Offline bigboaby1

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Takeaway Kebab Salad
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2017, 04:43 PM »
Finely slice half red and white cabbage and place a bowl
Add one table spoon mint sauce
2 table spoon vegetable oil
one tsp salt or add more to suit
2 table spoons white vinegar...   Mix everything together

Next use a large pyrex dish and layer your cabbage followed by one whole cucumber finely diced and about 5 diced tomatoes on top to finish
You can also use some lettuce but turns black pretty quick...Hope that helps...Boaby..

Offline Edwin Catflap

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2017, 09:15 AM »
Hi should there be onion in it

ed

Offline bigboaby1

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2017, 02:16 PM »
Onion can be added if you wish but my local takeaway always asks me if I want onions with my salad and are normally sold  separately...I find a lot of people ask for salad but with no onion but I love them    So I think that might be possibly the reason they are not added to the initial salad   Other takeaways probably have them in the salad but not in my takeaway   Hope that helps ..Alex

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2017, 05:14 PM »
We're all different (of course) but for me the onion (and tomato, if present) is the only part of such salads that I will eat.  The cabbage, carrot, etc., are just a waste of space as far as I'm concerned, and I'd sooner have a simple onion-and-tomato salad than anything else (anything else in the way of salad items, that is)...

** Phil.

Offline bigboaby1

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2017, 07:20 AM »
Yeah i'm a bit like yourself Phill   Salad is supposed to be the healthy option but not in the above recipe    When I worked in my local takeaway I was shocked when he started pouring oil into the salad ..  I suppose they use vegetable oil in the same way Italians use olive oil..I hate olive oil in its raw state  and also watching people using it as a dip...Everyone to their own I suppose..If I had to make the kebab salad which I don't it would be minus vegetable oil..I've worked with many chefs over the years and they all use oil..Take care Phill and my regards to the Mrs t

©2024 Curry Recipes