Author Topic: Chicken Ceylon  (Read 18391 times)

Offline Ganda

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Chicken Ceylon
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2007, 01:58 AM »
Looks great and an interesting recipe as well.
My only comment is that adding Ground Spices to the base will not release their full spiciness, i would add them into the hot oil at the beginning then add the base.

Stew

I agree with the fresh spices bit too - ground spices work but I feel they don't give the same bite to it. Nice post M8 and I look forward to your future recipies, as I am a great fan of mild to medium burners (yes - I do like a vindaloo, but need to be quite pissed for that one!)but the Sri Lanka type is fine for me. Oh, let's face it - we can eat them all!
Regards from Ganda.

Offline makum101

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2009, 09:18 PM »
Question regarding the Creamed Coconut...

Do I prepare it first with water and then strain it or just chuck a 100gram lump into the pan and mix with the base?

Offline JerryM

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2009, 08:29 AM »
makum101,

not tried this recipe although it does intrigue me - will wait for u're report.

i do use creamed coconut a lot. the biggist problem with it is in getting it to melt quick enough. i cut it into very small chunks (5-10 mm cubes) and that works pretty well (i do have to add extra water sometimes). i'm thinking of trying a cheese grater.

Offline 976bar

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2009, 09:05 AM »
makum101,

not tried this recipe although it does intrigue me - will wait for u're report.

i do use creamed coconut a lot. the biggist problem with it is in getting it to melt quick enough. i cut it into very small chunks (5-10 mm cubes) and that works pretty well (i do have to add extra water sometimes). i'm thinking of trying a cheese grater.

Hi Jerry,

I put mine in a pirex dish and stand that in a pot of boiling water, it melts it ready to pour straight into the dish you are cooking :)

Offline JerryM

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2009, 08:22 AM »
976bar,

nice little prompt that. i'm not one for too much hassle when cooking (except when it's needed) - i will try the same as what u say using the dreaded microwave. sounds obvious but i'd never thought of it until u said (depends for me on how quick it re solidifies).

Offline Darth_Muppet

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2014, 09:21 AM »
Do you have a link to Darth's base sauce or a link to a good base sauce to use?  I'm really new to all this.

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2014, 09:57 AM »
Do you have a link to Darth's base sauce or a link to a good base sauce to use?  I'm really new to all this.

Welcome to the forum. Use search with the expression "100% clone". Darth's base sauce come up near the top of the list, together with other discussions, plus his Madras recipe and other interesting stuff. I hope this is more useful than if I simply posted the link.

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2014, 10:15 AM »
Well ...
  • That string results in hits only if entered into the lower of the two search boxes (no, don't ask me why we have two -- I have no idea)
  • From the results returned, it is very easy to follow the wrong link (I did)
  • Even though you may wish to teach a man to fish, that does not prevent you from giving him a fish if he is starving
So, http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php/topic,674.msg6264.html#msg6264

** Phil.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 12:23 PM by Phil [Chaa006] »

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2014, 12:03 PM »
That string results in hits only if entered into the lower of the two search boxes (no, don't ask me why we have two -- I have no idea)[/li]
[li]Even though you may wish to teach a man to fish, that does not prevent you from giving him a fish if he is starving[/li][/list]

The expression I'd use is the one about leading a horse to water but not being able to force it to drink.

Are you seeing a different search function? A five year old could use what I see. It produces 46 results over 2 pages. Isn't that better than spoon feeding?

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2014, 12:36 PM »
The expression I'd use is the one about leading a horse to water but not being able to force it to drink.

Or "A search function that returns nothing is as much use as a bicycle is to a fish" :)

Are you seeing a different search function? A five year old could use what I see. It produces 46 results over 2 pages.

I do indeed, George (see image below), so my 66-year-old eyes must be as least as good as your 5-year-old ones :)

Isn't that better than spoon feeding?

I will let Jethro answer that, as he is in a far better position to judge than I.

** Phil.

<small language="Gibberish">
P.S.  Using the upper search box, a search for "100% clone" (your suggested search phrase) yields nothing; a search for 100% clone yields two pages of hits; using the lower search box, a search for "100% clone" yields four fits (this was the route that I used when I found that the upper box yielded zero hits), whilst a search for 100% clone yields the same two pages as the upper box.  To summarise :  quoted search strings cannot usefully be used in the upper box, whilst they are very effective at refining the results in the lower box.
</small>
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 03:22 PM by Phil [Chaa006] »

©2024 Curry Recipes