Author Topic: CH's Chicken Phall  (Read 45804 times)

Online curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: CH's Chicken Phall
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2012, 12:02 PM »
I have to admit that all looks really lovely, but I fear way too hot for my palate.

But!! it has got me in the mood for cooking Indian tonight at home. I've got some pre cooked lamb out, 2 chicken breasts, 2 portions of base sauce.

I'm thinking Lamb Bhuna, but hot, I know my kids will want Kashmiri Chicken Masala, Mushroom Bhaji, Aloo Gobi, and I've bought these lovely looking "Euro Bakery" Garlic Tafoon Naan breads from Aldi. Roll on 6pm!! :)
I'm looking forward to the post already Bob.  Must get the gravy and tikka out of the fridge myself and head to the shops now ::) ;D

Offline 976bar

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2012, 12:12 PM »
What did we use to do on a Saturday evening before curry came along?

I've completely forgotten now  ::) ;D

Offline 976bar

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2012, 10:29 AM »
I have to admit that all looks really lovely, but I fear way too hot for my palate.

But!! it has got me in the mood for cooking Indian tonight at home. I've got some pre cooked lamb out, 2 chicken breasts, 2 portions of base sauce.

I'm thinking Lamb Bhuna, but hot, I know my kids will want Kashmiri Chicken Masala, Mushroom Bhaji, Aloo Gobi, and I've bought these lovely looking "Euro Bakery" Garlic Tafoon Naan breads from Aldi. Roll on 6pm!! :)
I'm looking forward to the post already Bob.  Must get the gravy and tikka out of the fridge myself and head to the shops now ::) ;D

Hi Dave,

Ended up making, Kashmiri Chicken Masala, Chicken Tikka Masala, Lamb Bhuna (Hot), Mushroom Bhaji, (I am addicted to this at the moment), Bombay Aloo, Rice and warmed through these wonderful, "Tafoon" Naan breads :)

Probably a bit off topic here, but just following on the conversation - sorry :)

Online curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2012, 11:10 AM »
Probably a bit off topic here, but just following on the conversation - sorry :)
::) Never mind.  May attact some attention to the thread :D.  All looking good and enticing as usual.   Hot mushroom bhaji :o . Manager in my local BIR mentioned madras strength mushroom bhaji last week.  I declined the offer given the heat of my normal dish.  I know jb has a thing for this.  Maybe i'll have to give it ago.  Not today though. Tikka to marinade, chicken to cook, onion bhajis to make and mutton to collect from the BIR this evening.  May even have to have a takeaway and see if i can get them to let me watch and enquire further about mutton tikka and use of karela while i'm at it  ;D

Offline 976bar

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2012, 11:35 AM »
::) Never mind.  May attact some attention to the thread :D.  All looking good and enticing as usual.   Hot mushroom bhaji :o . Manager in my local BIR mentioned madras strength mushroom bhaji last week.  I declined the offer given the heat of my normal dish.  I know jb has a thing for this.  Maybe i'll have to give it ago.  Not today though. Tikka to marinade, chicken to cook, onion bhajis to make and mutton to collect from the BIR this evening.  May even have to have a takeaway and see if i can get them to let me watch and enquire further about mutton tikka and use of karela while i'm at it  ;D

Looking forward to this evenings post then!!  ;D

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2012, 02:24 PM »
1/2  tsp all purpose seasoning ( I used Rajah brand or you could use salt instead)
1 1/2  tsps sugar

Are these teaspoon measures level, heaped or what, please?

Thanks for being precise about all the other spoon measures. Just these two got away. Would you like me to update the original recipe, to bring it closer to perfection?

Online curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2012, 04:01 PM »
1/2  tsp all purpose seasoning ( I used Rajah brand or you could use salt instead)
1 1/2  tsps sugar

Are these teaspoon measures level, heaped or what, please?

Thanks for being precise about all the other spoon measures. Just these two got away. Would you like me to update the original recipe, to bring it closer to perfection?
They are indeed level George.  Please amend my recipe accordingly.  They obviously slipped the proofing net :-\  Not sure about perfection though, but tasty and hot it is  ;D

Offline sp

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2013, 12:39 PM »
Tried this last night, although I didn't have any green finger chillies I put 6 large red, and Rajah hot chilli powder instead of deggi mirch.  It was very nice, if not as hot as I was expecting - probably the substitutions I made were to blame, that and my asbestos stomach...  ;)

Thanks for posting it, I'm looking forward to your insanely hot phall recipe  :D

Online curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2013, 08:52 PM »
Nothing wrong with asbestos stomachs sp.  Glad you enjoyed the dish.  Did you use just chilli powder or flaked chillis as well?  The flaked chillis give much more impact.  And the substitutes seem quite reasonable ;)  I will be posting my "dynamite (using Abdul's words) recipe very shortly.  Need to make sure it's up to the job first.  It won't be one for the faint hearted but it certainly won't be chicken jalzala  ;D ;D

Offline Unclefrank

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2013, 04:40 PM »
Hi 976bar what recipe are you using for the Kasmiri dish.
Great pics by the way.

©2024 Curry Recipes