Author Topic: Jb's other takeaway base gravy  (Read 34976 times)

Offline haldi

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Jb's other takeaway base gravy
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2016, 07:31 PM »
your posts are brilliant
thanks so much

Offline ELW

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2016, 09:16 PM »
your posts are brilliant
thanks so much

Agreed, nice work jb

ELW

Offline Dajoca

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2016, 12:34 AM »
Have you done a direct duplication of all this at home yet JB?
If so, did you get the taste and as important, that smell that the take away would achieve?

Cheers.

Online curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2016, 11:18 AM »
The great work continues jb.  Glad you're having so much fun and keeping us up to speed on all the events. The updates are becoming addictive and i've just enjoyed my lastest fix  :D

Offline Zap

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2016, 01:15 AM »
Agreed - have enjoyed reading all of the recent posts with these new recipes.  Will definitely have to give them a try as my various supplies run out!

Had a new restaurant open up in town, and the food there was fantastic (better than the others I've been to in the recent past).  Some of our dishes in the US are different from the BIR recipes I've tried, but the general techniques are certainly not.  You've inspired me to dine in and ask about lessons in the kitchen!!

Offline Roida15

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2016, 09:37 PM »
Hi,
Made this today, only difference ingredients wise is that I used 2 sweet red peppers because 2 in a pack. It tastes amazing! I have not watered down yet because I will be freezing it so hope that does not affect the taste. Slightly different because I done both stages in the same day, but it has a mild sweeet taste, but not overpowering.

Offline Madrasandy

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2016, 07:58 AM »
Hi,
Made this today, only difference ingredients wise is that I used 2 sweet red peppers because 2 in a pack. It tastes amazing! I have not watered down yet because I will be freezing it so hope that does not affect the taste. Slightly different because I done both stages in the same day, but it has a mild sweeet taste, but not overpowering.

Did you do the full 30 onions or scale down?

Offline Roida15

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2016, 09:00 AM »
Hi,

Full 30 Dutch onions from local Asian supermarket, they are not very big though.  I purchased a large stock pot while shopping their yesterday.

Online curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2016, 09:12 AM »
Looking forward to hearing about the results of your labours Roida with jb's latest base from Vindaloo.  Would be nice to see some pics  ;) Glad to hear Ifindforu's mix powder is very much alive.  That Jalpur GM is very potent stuff  :o :o

Offline Roida15

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2016, 09:20 AM »
Hi,

I think the Jalpur is about individual preference but in the hot curries I think it works really well. I am freezing the full batch of base gravy today and will make some dishes next weekend. I will be making Vindaloo and JB' s latest post of chili chicken. I bought some butter ghee yesterday so will be using half oil and half ghee. I will try and add some pictures. It' s just a shame that work gets in the way of making curries!

©2024 Curry Recipes