Author Topic: Pudina Murgh Video Recipe  (Read 7095 times)

Offline chewytikka

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
Pudina Murgh Video Recipe
« on: June 19, 2011, 12:40 PM »
Hi All
I got some Garden Mint off a mate, from his allotment, planted it and it's gone berserk.
So I thought Mint Chicken Curry. Pudina Murgh,

Ingredients
3 tbs of Veg Oil
1tsp G&G paste
1tsp Mixed Powder
1tsp Kashmiri Chilli Powder
1tsp Freshly Ground Coriander Powder
A pinch of Salt
A quarter of each Red, Green Capsicum  & Red Onion, chopped Tikka size.
One Fresh Chicken Breast, cut Tikka size
Handful of Chopped Fresh Mint leaves
A pinch of Chopped Fresh Coriander leaves
1 Fresh Green Chilli
A couple of Tomato Wedges

Method
Cook Bhun style, adding Curry Base gradually, cooking down, then adding more, repeat..etc...etc...

Result
A fresh, light and tasty chicken curry, give it a go, Yum Yum. ;)
cheers Chewy

"http://player.vimeo.com/video/25288046"

Offline Unclefrank

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Pudina Murgh Video Recipe
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2011, 09:34 PM »
Hi chewy i had a similar dish at The Vine in West Bromwich a couple of weeks ago wasnt to my friends tastes but i really enjoyed it and also with your Achari recipe but we had it with king prawns was excellent. Will have to give these a go.
Cheers.

Offline chewytikka

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2011, 11:42 AM »
Hi chewy i had a similar dish at The Vine in West Bromwich a couple of weeks ago wasnt to my friends tastes but i really enjoyed it and also with your Achari recipe but we had it with king prawns was excellent. Will have to give these a go.
Cheers.
Hi UF
Most restaurants I know, just use a spoon of Colmans Mint Sauce in there Pudina dishes.
But fresh is best, as they say and I definitely agree.
I made this again last night and I doubled up on the fresh mint and it was even better.
I've got a lot of flourishing herbs, in the garden at the moment, going to experiment with them this week
cheers Chewy

Offline Tomdip

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2011, 12:11 PM »
great vid chewy.  Will definitely give it a go. 

Have always used dried mint in my podinas in the past, I bet fresh tastes better.

Made a curry up once with a bunch of mint, bunch of coriander and yoghurt as the base.  Came out a lovely mint green colour and was really fresh tasting!

I experimented with some garden herbs for curry - the resulting chive and basil potato curry wasn't anything to shout about :)

Offline chewytikka

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2011, 01:50 PM »
great vid chewy.  Will definitely give it a go. 

Have always used dried mint in my podinas in the past, I bet fresh tastes better.

Made a curry up once with a bunch of mint, bunch of coriander and yoghurt as the base.  Came out a lovely mint green colour and was really fresh tasting!

I experimented with some garden herbs for curry - the resulting chive and basil potato curry wasn't anything to shout about :)
Thanks Tom
I'm really happy with this recipe, let me know how it turns out ;)

Offline Razor

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2011, 03:26 PM »
Hi Chewy,

Not quite sure how but this one must have pass me by whem mi back was turned ???

Can't say that I've ever heard of a Pudina but it certainly looks lovely.  Kind of puts me in mind of a 'minty' Jal frezi.

Another excellent video my friend.  I would love to have a crack at making a vid but have no clue as to whare to start.....any pointers mate? ;D

Ray :)

Offline chewytikka

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2011, 06:01 PM »
Hi Chewy,

Not quite sure how but this one must have pass me by whem mi back was turned ???

Can't say that I've ever heard of a Pudina but it certainly looks lovely.  Kind of puts me in mind of a 'minty' Jal frezi.

Another excellent video my friend.  I would love to have a crack at making a vid but have no clue as to whare to start.....any pointers mate? ;D

Ray :)
Hi Ray
Thanks mate, you just need a camcorder, tripod and good light.
Adding the motion text, takes the time and effort, but fun all the same.

Minty Jal frezi, why not. The sweet mint will go well with the tang of the red masala mix and fresh green chilliis.
cheers Chewy

Offline t-c

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2011, 09:26 PM »
Hi Chewy.
As promised, I tried this one out, and to be fair I was dubious about chicken and mint, (even consideredswappingg the chicken for diced lamb) but believe that the first try at any recipe you should stick to what's advised so I did.

Cooked a fresh batch of your base this afternoon-again turned out brilliantly, then went onto the mint chicken, watched your vid again just to get everything clear, and it turned out spot on, but I will try it with lamb the next time and let you know how it went.

So thanks again  ;D

©2024 Curry Recipes