Author Topic: New book entitled 'British Indian Restaurant Food At Home' available at Amazon  (Read 24615 times)

littlechilie

Andy your above post is bloody fantastic. Lmfao ;D

Offline Steven Heap

• Chef
    • View Profile
Good morning all,

Sorry I didn

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Welcome Steven.

Any plans to put a digital version on general release?

Offline meggeth

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
Hello Steven. Welcome, and sounds like you have a lot of experience and can provide us with a lot of useful information, and that can only be a good thing!

Hopefully, you might learn a few things from here too.

Oh, and thanks Andy for getting him here.

;)

Offline Steven Heap

• Chef
    • View Profile
Thanks for all your kind encouragement. I am really please to be a part of this forum. I very much look forward to chatting more.

As for a digital release. Would that mean an eBook (published on Kindle, etc)? If so, I personally find Ebooks albeit cheaper to be not very favourable. So many people don't like reading things off a screen and like to have a physical copy in their hands. The only time I bought a Kindle book I sent it back to Amazon almost immediately because I wasn't even able to download it onto my computer and had to be on-line to access it. I felt like I didn't really own the book.

Offline meggeth

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
Steven, I have to ask you a question!

Do you feel that your book would be benefit and help ones on here who have been cooking curries for quite a while and are very familiar with the BIR techniques/equipment/recipes available on this site already (the curry veterans  :) ?) Could you honestly say that your book would improve their curries?

Offline Micky Tikka

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
Well someone had to buy it
 :-X

Offline Madrasandy

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
Made the spiced ghee and base gravy from the book today, the ghee has that instant restaurant/take away aroma and is easy and quick to make. Found myself constantly returning to the tub for a smell and a taste. Looking forward to starting a few curries off tomorrow with the ghee.

The base has a nice taste, nice aroma, not over spiced, had to thin the gravy for my own personal preference. I made a quick curry sauce and have to say the gravy worked very well indeed. The curry was well balanced and tasty, cant really comment to much until I have cooked a few curries tomorrow.

Cheers Steven, thanks for the book  :)

Online curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Welcome Stephen. Forgive my initial suspicions but from an onlooker's POV you must admit when someone turns up who's been a member on here for a while,having made no posts and then suddenly makes two posts concerning e-books, one promoting his own book, it does kind of look a bit suss  :o
But your introduction has now cleared that up.

Oh, and thanks Andy for getting him here.

+1

Offline Steven Heap

• Chef
    • View Profile
Hi all,

Thanks for the welcoming, I understand the initial suspicion until Madrasandy prompted me to write an introduction.

Regarding the question 'Do you think your book could assist a veteran?', to answer that question I would first ask myself the same thing (I have a fair bit of experience with this too). So, 'would I bother to buy a BIR style cookery book? ANSWR: Probably not. But that doesn't mean to say that there wouldn't be anything I would learn from it.

I'm aware of the general BIR videos so I wanted to focus on some elements in the book to make it different in terms of a 'deeper' knowledge and flavour. That's why I included an excellent and seem-idly little known technique for making seasoned oil (without having do resort to cooking 40+ onion bhajis or adding more oil to a base gravy and skimming the excess oil off to cook with). That's just one example of how my book differs.

And just like Madrasandy said, the smell of this oil alone is addictive. I even got a hint of the smell writing about it.

©2024 Curry Recipes