Author Topic: chicken madras (my favourite so far)  (Read 18149 times)

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
Re: chicken madras (my favourite so far)
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2012, 01:46 PM »
Also, if I were of a cynical bent, I might surmise that the whole purpose of the post (being the posters first on this board) was designed purposely to foment such pointless argument.

But fortunately you are not of a cynical bent, and therefore you assume (as do I) that Eddy posted the recipe in good faith as a way of introducing himself to the forum.  But even if you were of a cynical bent, you would surely recognise in Eddy's more recent :

O rite, I didn't consider copyright  :o. I shall bear this in mind in future  ;D

a clear indication of his good faith and therefore exonerate him of any suggestion of "purposely [seeking] to foment such pointless argument", would you not ?

** Phil.

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2012, 01:55 PM »
Please don't link me with "in the original poster's words" (which was not me!)  ::)
I don't need to link you, CA : you linked yourself when you wrote

Check out the recipes here:  http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php?topic=1652.0

without any word of condemnation (and indeed, with clear tacit approval).  All I am seeking to do is to remind others of that fact because you now seek to take the moral highground, any right to which you abrogated in 2007 when you posted that link.

** Phil.

« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 02:29 PM by Phil [Chaa006] »

eddy87

« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2012, 09:43 PM »
Bloody hell looks like I kicked the hornets nest. I did not post this to antagonise anybody I was merely trying to share my experience of this recipe. I didn't realise that this forum was so political.  ::)

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2012, 10:03 PM »
Bloody hell looks like I kicked the hornets nest. I did not post this to antagonise anybody I was merely trying to share my experience of this recipe.

I understand that Eddy, and I hope I did not come across as being negative.  I for one appreciated you posting it, since I would never have read it in its original location.

** Phil.

eddy87

« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2012, 10:21 PM »
It was aimed at secret Santa phil  ;)

Offline PaulP

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2012, 10:25 PM »
Bloody hell looks like I kicked the hornets nest. I did not post this to antagonise anybody I was merely trying to share my experience of this recipe. I didn't realise that this forum was so political.  ::)

Don't worry about it Eddy. You can't be expected to know that the other forum was formed years ago by a member of cr0 who decided to create a rival forum and took a few cr0 members with him.

It happened years ago before I joined both forums. It was a long time before I read enough old posts to realise the history of cr0 and then rcr.

Most of us are not interested in forum wars, we just like to try to make decent curry.

Cheers

Paul

Online Kashmiri Bob

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2012, 10:26 PM »
Quote from: Phil [Chaa006
without any word of condemnation (and indeed, with clear tacit approval).  All I am seeking to do is to remind others of that fact because you now seek to take the moral highground, any right to which you abrogated in 2007 when you posted that link.
** Phil.

Bloomin eck Phil.  We can all string a sentence together, but, as jim royle would say, abrogated, my arse.  If CA said something back in 2007 and it still bothering you, a polite pm is the way forward, perhaps. Why do some of you guys keep sniping at each other?  Tis also the festive season. It is quite funny at times though; a bit like being down the pub with my mates, but.

Rob  :)
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 10:38 PM by getonthegarabi »

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2012, 10:47 PM »
If CA said something back in 2007 and it still bothering you, a polite pm is the way forward, perhaps.

It doesn't bother me in the least Rob.  What /does/ bother me is the hypocrisy of referring a forum member to an illegal copy of the entire text of a copyright work and then slating a new member for posting a copy of a single message from another forum. 

** Phil.

P.S. (Given that it is indeed the season of goodwill) : would you sooner read "abrogate" or "wanna", "gonna" and "ur" ?  I know which I would prefer !

Offline Cory Ander

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2012, 10:56 PM »
and then slating a new member for posting a copy of a single message from another forum. 

You really are a daft, pompous, bombastic, old b*gger Phil  ::)

I did not "slate" Eddy in the slightest.  I fully understand that he intended no malice, whatsoever, in his post!

If you got your head out of your ar*e, for just once, you'd see that I was saying that I believe George is wrong in his judgement that it is OK to leave Eddy's post here in order to deliberately cause trouble!!!  :o

Offline RingStinger

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2012, 11:16 PM »
Jeeez

Get a grip guys  :)

This is a brilliant site with lots of useful information; but what is all this bickering about?  This is my first post and I hope it won't be my last.

Cheers

RS

©2024 Curry Recipes