Author Topic: CA's Vindaloo with Beef Chunks  (Read 3551 times)

Offline bmouthboyo

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
CA's Vindaloo with Beef Chunks
« on: November 28, 2011, 01:59 PM »
Hi guys,

I hope I can get a response in time for dinner this evening but I plan on making CA's Vindaloo with beef chunks. Themcutsmare fairly cheap so I assume needs to be cooked a fair while.

Does anyone know how best to do this? Cook in oven in the Vindaloo for 30 mins then top up lost spice? Or per cook the beef? If so how?

I read through the forum but can't see any specific to this cheap cut.

Cheers guys

Offline 976bar

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: CA's Vindaloo with Beef Chunks
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2011, 02:22 PM »
I would bung them in a slow cooker for about 3-4 hours then just add to the Vindaloo Sauce :)

Offline bmouthboyo

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2011, 03:31 PM »
I don't own a slow cooker. Could I make a lightly spiced water base and cook tHem in the oven for an hour?

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2011, 04:29 PM »
You could do, I'd test with a knife for tenderness as an hour might not be enough?

Offline 976bar

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2011, 04:51 PM »
I don't own a slow cooker. Could I make a lightly spiced water base and cook tHem in the oven for an hour?

What about a large saucepan with a lid? Brown the meat in a frying pan with a little oil, then transfer to a large pot, cover with water, bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to lowest you can possibly get it, then just gently warm that beef gently for a few hours. Just keep checking to ensure that the water has not evaporated, and stir the meat to ensure it has not stuck to the bottom of the pot. If the water gets low just top up with boiling water. The beef will come out tender and soft, then just add it to the curry sauce :)

Offline bmouthboyo

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2011, 08:20 PM »
Thanks 976bar, I ended up buying some chicken on way home as didn't want to bodge it and hadn't read your last post at that time.

Have posted it in the usual CA Vindaloo thread

Thanks

©2024 Curry Recipes