Author Topic: The past weeks efforts  (Read 6187 times)

Offline SoberRat

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
The past weeks efforts
« on: February 27, 2017, 09:40 PM »
Here are the past weeks curry related efforts. Starting with Tandoori Chicken, followed by Chicken Madras, Chicken Korma and a fairly hot chicken curry made with kitchen king as my mix powder,onions, peppers and tomato with nice fluffy pilau rice.

Tandoori chicken

Chicken Madras

Chicken Korma

Chicken Curry with onions and peppers

All the best

Rob

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
Re: The past week's efforts
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2017, 09:54 PM »
The tandoori chicken really looks the part, Rob; how did it taste ?
** Phil.

Offline SoberRat

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: The past weeks efforts
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2017, 10:03 PM »
I was really pleased with the taste and texture Phil, I used my normal Tikka marinade mix but without measuring anything out very precisely. The first marinade is just lemon juice, tandoori masala (TRS) and red food colouring. The second marinade is yogurt, a mix of pastes (pataks), methi leaves, mix powder, tandoori masala, G/G paste, lemon or lime juice and mustard oil.     

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2017, 12:32 PM »
Lovely, as always Rob.

You should make an e-book :)

littlechilie

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2017, 08:25 PM »
Nice looking food here, SR are you the only one posting on the front page these days?

Offline SoberRat

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2017, 07:46 AM »
Lovely, as always Rob.

You should make an e-book :)
Thanks Garp. I'm really enjoying cooking right now. As for an ebook hmmmmmmm I'm really not sure, it's not one of my strong suits writing things like that.

Nice looking food here, SR are you the only one posting on the front page these days?

Thanks LC. There doesn't seem to be much posting of pictures at the moment and recently it's just myself and a couple from JB. I will be posting a few more later from yesterdays cooking session.

Offline vinotinto

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2017, 10:30 AM »
Really like the look of the chicken curry - any chance of a quick run down of the recipe - I know it will taste great !!

littlechilie

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2017, 01:16 PM »
Well your colking ability is looking superb SR, it's awesome what you can achieve when you study the art of BIR.
I just seen JB's post and will drop a comment in a mo, but it just shows all the keyboard warriors never stepped up to the mark, especially  with the lack of good BIR photos.
Cheers.

Offline SoberRat

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2017, 05:12 PM »
Really like the look of the chicken curry - any chance of a quick run down of the recipe - I know it will taste great !!

Hi Vinotino of course. 2 TBS veg oil, 1 Htsp G/G paste(50-50), 1 TBS tomato puree (1pt to 2pts water), pinch of dried methi leaves, 0.75 tsp of kitchen king (any mix powder will do though), 1.5 tsp chilli powder, 0.25 tsp salt, squirt of lemon dressing, small handful of chopped onions and the same of green and red peppers, 1 portion pre cooked chicken, 350 ml base gravy (approx.) and a small handful of chopped coriander.
Heat the oil on a medium flame and add the onions and peppers and fry until the onions just start to colour then add G/G paste, fry for 20 seconds or so then add tomato and methi leaves. Wait until the sizzle reduces then add the kitchen king, chilli powder and salt, mix well and add a touch of base. Fry for about 30-40 seconds and add about 150ml (1 ladle) of base mix well. Turn the heat up full and reduce until the oils separates then add the chicken and lemon dressing. Stir well and add another half ladle of base. When it reduces again add the coriander and another half ladle of base. I normally give a little taste at this point and adjust the seasoning if needed. When the oils separates again add the remaining base and reduce to the consistency you want.

Its a fairly standard recipe and it was not measured with a great deal of accuracy but it did produce a nice curry. I've had the kitchen king for a while and not used it so i decided to give it a go to see what difference it made.

Hope this helps

Best regards

Rob       

Offline SoberRat

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2017, 05:21 PM »
Well your colking ability is looking superb SR, it's awesome what you can achieve when you study the art of BIR.
Thanks for saying LC. I have to say that cooking BIR style food has made me try similar techniques in other forms of cooking too. The idea of roasting spices can, I feel be used in other dishes too.

All the best

Rob

©2024 Curry Recipes