Author Topic: North Indian Special with Taz Base  (Read 15666 times)

Offline PaulP

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: North Indian Special with Taz Base
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2012, 10:54 AM »
It's good to see somebody sticking with a base and making more advanced recipes with it. The Taz base, although simple is capable of producing excellent curries.

These photos are making me very hungry!

Paul

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2012, 03:47 PM »
curryhell and PaulP - thanks for your comments.

Offline jamieb728

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2012, 07:27 PM »
Hi

Well i was going to start experimenting having become sick of making the same old curries but before i did i thought id check out the specials to see if there was anything i fancied this caught my eye so i thought id give it a try and I'm glad i did great recipe. Now i had a few issues i only had red onions and red peppers but that should not effect the final result maybe a little sweetness but that's it, also i have started making the curry sauce the day before because i find that eating after cooking my taste buds are full of chilli and you don't get the full flavour of the curry because of it so i cooked the main part last night and added the pre cooked onions pepper and tikka tonight the end result was great about the right amount of heat for me and the flavour was great any way here's a couple of pics.

mushroom fried rice

cheers
jamie

Online curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2012, 07:46 PM »
Nice job there Jamie  :P.  You've done SL's recipe proud.  Another convert to the NIS then? ;D

Offline jamieb728

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2012, 07:57 PM »
Hi CH

I'm not familiar with the taz method so i just cooked it as i would a normal curry but its definetly a good flavoured curry i noticed that you posted a recipe for this that SL mentioned have you tried this recipe compared to your own the ingredients are nearly the same but this has the edition of the spiced onions but leaves out the all purpose seasoning i'm going to make your version next see how they compare.

Jamie

Online curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2012, 08:11 PM »
Hi CH

I'm not familiar with the taz method so i just cooked it as i would a normal curry but its definetly a good flavoured curry i noticed that you posted a recipe for this that SL mentioned have you tried this recipe compared to your own the ingredients are nearly the same but this has the edition of the spiced onions but leaves out the all purpose seasoning i'm going to make your version next see how they compare.

Jamie
Have a look here Jamie and you'll understand how the spicey onions came into the frame. 

http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php?topic=5948.70

SL's took my latest recipe and then tailored it to be used with his favourite Taz base.  My recipe is designed for an ordinary base and cooking method.  I haven't tried this yet as i currently have no Taz base.  But i do know how good the end result will be, with or with Taz ;D

Offline jamieb728

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2012, 08:23 PM »
Cheers CH

I made this with the base i had in the freezer which from memory i think was chewy's i have never made taz's base but ill look into it when i get some spare time i do have more of chewy's base left so ill be making your version with this base so then i have made both recipies with the same base and method.

cheers
jamie

Offline jamieb728

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2012, 10:02 AM »
Hi CH

Just been looking through your final draft of this i have just run out of tamarind used it on my last pathia so if i am inpatient will have to use lemon juice which is what i used in the SL version i cooked the other night the only thing that really caught my eye was if I'm not using 1tbsp of chilli to up the mix powder and I'm not using 1tbsp of chilli believe me ;D the last one was just the right amount of heat for me with the chilli in the spicy onions fresh chillies and 1tsp of chilli powder so how much mix powder 3tsp? i think would be ok.

cheers
Jamie

Online curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2012, 10:32 AM »
Hi CH

Just been looking through your final draft of this i have just run out of tamarind used it on my last pathia so if i am inpatient will have to use lemon juice which is what i used in the SL version i cooked the other night the only thing that really caught my eye was if I'm not using 1tbsp of chilli to up the mix powder and I'm not using 1tbsp of chilli believe me ;D the last one was just the right amount of heat for me with the chilli in the spicy onions fresh chillies and 1tsp of chilli powder so how much mix powder 3tsp? i think would be ok.

cheers
Jamie
Go with that mate.  If you found your heat level last time, stay with it and enjoy.  Lemon juice is fine.  I made my first one with it.  I've made NIS with CT's base too- excellent base and worked well with the NIS ;)  Keep us posted on how you get on.  One observation,  as you now are going to make it according to my recipe it would be good to post your results in  the original thread.  That way any future  reader can view your feedback on the recipe.  Comments on  my NIS with my recipe would be kind of lost in here.  Besides, some people get upset when you accidently post in the wrong thread :D.  But we've all done it ;)

Offline 976bar

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2013, 08:42 AM »
I am inspired by this dish and will be making it "LARGE" style on Thursday.

I'll post the ingredients and pictures over the weekend :)

©2024 Curry Recipes