Author Topic: biggest biryani  (Read 6484 times)

Offline goncalo

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile

Offline chonk

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
Re: biggest biryani
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2013, 12:03 AM »
Can't watch it :( Thanks GEMA  >:(

Offline RubyDoo

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2013, 01:49 PM »
I could do with a pan like that for when the kids descend on me with their curry heads on!!!  Don't fancy the washing up though!

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2013, 04:51 PM »
Can't watch it :( Thanks GEMA  >:(

See if this one is GEMA-friendly, Chonk.
** Phil.

Offline chonk

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2013, 05:33 PM »
Thank you very much, Phil! The GEMA wouldn't be too amused, but I like it  :) Very impressive stuff. Reminded me of a similiar video I saw, whith dozens of people, that prepared the dishes for a wedding party of another hundred people, I believe, under open sky and with charcoals and stuff. Very rustic. Not sure, but could have been on that Ramsay special.

Offline goncalo

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2013, 08:38 PM »
Thank you very much, Phil! The GEMA wouldn't be too amused, but I like it  :) Very impressive stuff. Reminded me of a similiar video I saw, whith dozens of people, that prepared the dishes for a wedding party of another hundred people, I believe, under open sky and with charcoals and stuff. Very rustic. Not sure, but could have been on that Ramsay special.

It wasn't this one was it?

http://www.veoh.com/browse/videos/category/travel_and_culture/watch/v18985837sT9qadbk#watch%3Dv18985998d4r2tpfe

Offline chonk

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2013, 10:32 PM »
Yes, I believe that's the one. Saw this one before, that's for sure. Am I mistaken, or is there a new programme with Rick Stein coming up soon, about indian cuisine?

Offline goncalo

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2013, 11:22 PM »
Yes, I believe that's the one. Saw this one before, that's for sure. Am I mistaken, or is there a new programme with Rick Stein coming up soon, about indian cuisine?

Haven't heard, but to be quite honest, I find these programs (madhur, rick stein) quite uninspiring

Offline chewytikka

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2013, 12:23 AM »
Here's a recipe I posted way back when, I don't think anybody tried it at the time. ;D
http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php/topic,5940.msg58639.html#msg58639

The Chef served his time at elBulli ;)

Offline goncalo

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2013, 04:34 PM »
Here's a recipe I posted way back when, I don't think anybody tried it at the time. ;D
http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php/topic,5940.msg58639.html#msg58639

The Chef served his time at elBulli ;)

Thanks Chewy, this is very interesting. I remember browsing it sometime. What is elBulli?

©2024 Curry Recipes