Author Topic: My new outdoor gas burner...  (Read 4776 times)

Offline bigboaby1

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
My new outdoor gas burner...
« on: July 25, 2017, 07:52 PM »
hHi guys sorry haven't been on for a while...Bought this a few months back.......The video itself is not a video tutorial on how to make a curry so it's pretty vague...There are captions just to let people know the list of ingredients...It's merely for demonstration purposes only.....I'm not sure if I should be posting this topic in this section...I apologise for any typing errors in the  video ... Enjoy... Boaby

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGQj1aFhRoI

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
Re: My new outdoor gas burner...
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2017, 08:05 PM »
I can certainly see the advantage of cooking outside (no mess in the kitchen, for a start).  I am intrigued, tho',  by the fact that after adding the 300ml of base, you seemed to cook on a very low heat for not very long.  What sort of reduction did you achieve (i.e., of the 300ml, how many ml remained in the final sauce, approximately ?).

** Phil.

Offline bigboaby1

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2017, 08:57 PM »
The portion size was two people..There were long periods when I cooked on high heat to reduce...The video is only 5 minutes long after editing but actually took roughly 30 minutes ..The chicken was on the bone so I needed that length of time to extract the marrow from the bones giving it more flavour...I'm not sure if they serve this dish in a takeaway because of the length of time it takes   ....My intentions was not to post a recipe but merely to show of my new toy.....There's not enough detail on cooking times etc to post it as such....All I can say is because of the high heat etc it tasted a 100 times better than a conventional hob and as you said no mess....Thanks Phill..Boaby...
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 09:16 PM by bigboaby1 »

Online George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2017, 11:25 AM »
My intentions was not to post a recipe but merely to show of my new toy.....

Can you provide a link to the gas burner you are using, please? It looks excellent, as does the curry.

Offline bigboaby1

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2017, 07:45 PM »
Thanks George  This is the linkhttps://www.amazon.com/Eastman-Outdoors-Portable-Adjustable-Removable/dp/B003GISCDK...

.I ordered it from Amazon USA ...They ship to the UK..  There is a similar UK version with a smaller BTU ..It looks the exact same ..I had read so many good reviews on the USA version I had to have one....It comes with a USA high pressure propane regulator and does not fit UK propane calor bottles so i had to change to the high pressure UK regulator..Takes minutes to change over...It has to be high pressure for it to work properly....It's  powerful and takes a bit getting use too...Took me a while to master it but i think I'm just about there....Ive cooked loads of Chinese..The results are the exact same a takeaway, same when I cook Indian.....The heat can be controlled from high to low until your up to speed. Bellow is a video trying it out for the first time ...Alex

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxDcKNQsp2g

This also link to me cooking Chinese. ....http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php?topic=14734.0
I didn't want to post it on this page because it is not Indian....
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 08:11 PM by bigboaby1 »

Online George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2017, 10:28 PM »
This is the link https://www.amazon.com/Eastman-Outdoors-Portable-Adjustable-Removable/dp/B003GISCDK
I ordered it from Amazon USA ...They ship to the UK..

Many thanks, I'm very tempted to order one too because I doubt if Chinese and Indian restaurants use burners which produce more heat than yours, The flame size and flambe effect on your videos are amazing. 

Can you pre-pay duty or VAT on amazon, like one can do on eBay? Or did you just take a chance and avoid any extra import-related charges?

Offline chewytikka

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2017, 04:42 PM »
Looks really good and great fun B
How much was the final cost of this 19.05Kw burner
and how stable are the tripod legs, as its my only reservation
as people allways walk into tripods.

Offline bigboaby1

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2017, 02:22 PM »
Hi Chewy,i've never had an issues with the legs and they can also be shortened. I have mine permantly affixed  to the decking in the corner of my garden out of harms way..Each leg has two small holes at the bottom to insert screws   There's not a lot too the burner itself Three legs and your cooking area..It weighs 12.4 pounds but I've increased this by removing the top brackets and replacing it with a heavy wok ring...This was always my intension before I even bought the burner...My mates a welder and made me one free gratis but this is optional ..There are 142 reviews online I've read them all hence the reason for me having one   Thanks Chewy

Boab

Offline bigboaby1

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2017, 07:15 PM »
Hi Chewy,i've never had an issues with the legs and they can also be shortened. I have mine permantly affixed  to the decking in the corner of my garden out of harms way..Each leg has two small holes at the bottom to insert screws   There's not a lot too the burner itself Three legs and your cooking area..It weighs 12.4 pounds but I've increased this by removing the top brackets and replacing it with a heavy wok ring...This was always my intension before I even bought the burner...My mates a welder and made me one free gratis but this is optional ..There are 142 reviews online I've read them all hence the reason for me having one   Thanks Chewy....

BB1

©2024 Curry Recipes