Author Topic: Chicken Punjabi Masala with Taz Base  (Read 34288 times)

Offline bigbuck

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Chicken Punjabi Masala with Taz Base
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2012, 05:50 PM »
Would agree that this is a Glasgow/scottish style of BIR but having tried it last nite using sns base sauce can honestly say this is as good a punjabi massala as tasted out my local TA. Made it to spec and was not dissapointed. Just goes to show that BIR's are way more regional than we would like to think! Hope u gave that taxi driver a good tip coz this curry  has became a must make again! Tried to post a pic but upload folder was full!!????

Think ive got the hang of the photos now lol
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 01:19 PM by bigbuck »

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2012, 06:45 PM »
thanks bigbuck where in Scotland are you?

Offline bigbuck

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2012, 07:15 PM »
Cumbernauld SL

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2012, 07:41 PM »
brilliant bigbuck, often pass it on the road to Glasgow from Dundee and good to have some fellow Scots on the forum who understand the curry that is the Glasgow Curry.

Offline curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2012, 08:32 PM »
Would agree that this is a Glasgow/scottish style of BIR but having tried it last nite using sns base sauce can honestly say this is as good a punjabi massala as tasted out my local TA. Made it to spec and was not dissapointed. Just goes to show that BIR's are way more regional than we would like to think! Hope u gave that taxi driver a good tip coz this curry  has became a must make again! Tried to post a pic but upload folder was full!!????
Nice one Bigbuck and well done SL.  You're obviously on the money with your Punjabi masala ;)
Get your pics up Bigbuck, the upload folder has been full for yonks.  You need to use the image hosting programme which is located here:

http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/imagehost

Follow Razor's post below which tells you how to do it if you're unable to figure it out.  Make sure you resize the pics though to about 640 x 400 ish using either paint or MS Office picture manager or Adobe or some other program.  Just shout if you need any help

http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php?topic=5333.0

Offline Nickywelsh

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2017, 01:38 PM »
Hi Stephen,

This reminds me a lot of a dish I used to make, with the addition of garlic powder. I'd really like to make this, but wanted to confirm; are the tablespoons regular or 'chefs'?

Offline ChickenTroll

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2019, 05:57 PM »
Hi Stephan I will definitely attempt to make this.

Offline ChickenTroll

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2019, 03:02 PM »
Inspired by Stephens posts, I gave this a try today. Just so nice and we all loved the texture of to the sauce.

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2019, 09:02 PM »
Glad you liked CT, it's one of the curries I return to regularly thought it may be a tad sweet to some.

Offline Naga

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2019, 11:54 AM »
I was delighted to see this curry pop up on the forum again. So much so, I made it for the first time in ages last night and I'll be having the second half tonight. I don't use the Taz base, so I had to de-Tazify the recipe while remaining faithful to the other quoted ingredients. Absolutely delicious!

It was a spur of the moment decision to make the curry and I really fancied chicken tikka with it, but didn't have any to hand. I did a quick'n'dirty 'Hot and Spicy Chicken Tikka' from Barnali's Kitchen and it worked very well with Stephen's recipe. I can also highly recommend the other two tikka recipes shown in the link.

©2024 Curry Recipes