Author Topic: Kushi Chicken Pathia  (Read 17433 times)

Offline Domi

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
Re: Kushi Chicken Pathia
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2010, 10:26 PM »
LOL I got caught out with the tamarind the first time I used it in another dish, Gezh so I erred on the side of caution the first time I used UB's recipe figuring I could always add a bit more but I couldn't take any out once the mix was done ;D but I've made UB's so many times now I know it like the back of my hand and it's bang on for me. I will give this one a go though as it's always nice to try something different it's just that I've tried so many pathia recipes over the years I'm wary of going the whole hog just to be disappointed. It'll be a couple of weeks though before I get around to it but I'll let you know how I get on ;)

Offline Razor

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2010, 10:28 PM »
Hi Gezh,

I always just use whatever I have on hand, which at this moment is CA's.

That's no bad thing, I use CA's base as standard these days but, the kushi base does have a lot of whole spices in there and you can taste them when tasting the base alone! 

CA's base, to me, is very much BIR whereby the Kushi base is 'Balti' which to me are totally different.

I don't know if you have ever read any of my other post's whereby I'm a big believer of a base and a spice blend from the same source, complimenting each other?  well I think that, for this recipe, this is very much the case!

With that said, give it a go, you may love it or hate it, but at least you'd have made the effort.

Ray :)

Offline Gezh

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2010, 10:44 PM »
Hi Gezh,

I always just use whatever I have on hand, which at this moment is CA's.

That's no bad thing, I use CA's base as standard these days but, the kushi base does have a lot of whole spices in there and you can taste them when tasting the base alone! 

CA's base, to me, is very much BIR whereby the Kushi base is 'Balti' which to me are totally different.

I don't know if you have ever read any of my other post's whereby I'm a big believer of a base and a spice blend from the same source, complimenting each other?  well I think that, for this recipe, this is very much the case!

With that said, give it a go, you may love it or hate it, but at least you'd have made the effort.

Well I don't think there's going to be much to hate... it'll be a case of is it great or brilliant :-)

Offline Gezh

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2010, 08:56 PM »
Yep, that was great, probably the most BIR-TA-like pathia I've had so far. I think the spice mix made a difference, a change from the usual one I use, and it definitely didn't need the tamarind. Also worth adding chicken tikka for some extra flavour.

Spot on, thanks!

Offline Razor

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2010, 12:51 PM »
Hey Gezh,

That's great that you enjoyed it.  If you check out the recipe, there is  the ISBN No given, so if you want to buy the book, you have a ref.  Ity's only a tenner, so well worth it.

Offline moonster

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2011, 05:55 PM »
Ray,

i am giving this a go tonight with your base mate, so i will let you know how it goes.

regards

Alan ;D

Offline moonster

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2011, 09:34 PM »
very nice mate :P

I made it with your base and dips tikka, mrs Moony loved and so did I.

highly recommended and so easy to make.

thanks Ray

Alan ;D

Offline stingy7

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2011, 09:04 PM »

thanks Ray

Alan ;D

thanks Ray

Alan ;D

that looks quality moonster .......im gonna try this recipe saturday...... ::)

Offline moonster

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2011, 06:46 PM »
its very good ste you will like it.

wait until i post my beef ceylon recipe soon that i am doing at the moment. you will have to try that one as well mate.

you will both love it ;)

al ;D

Offline curryslut

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2011, 02:51 PM »
how come no sugar used ? where does the sweetness come from ?

©2024 Curry Recipes