Author Topic: downloading music from Youtube  (Read 2660 times)

Offline foureyes1941

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
downloading music from Youtube
« on: November 07, 2016, 05:17 PM »
Hi, can anyone help me? I used to download tracks from Youtube to put onto my ipod using the Youtube mp3  converter but in the last couple of weeks or so have noted that Google have stopped us being able to do it so am wondering if anyone knows of another way to do it. I have tried to use Realplayer but not being very computer savvy aren't having any luck with that. I'm desperated as am going away for a few months on holiday and need my ipod stocked before I go. Thank you in anticipation

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: downloading music from Youtube
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2016, 10:11 PM »
Hi, I use Free Studio from here

http://www.dvdvideosoft.com/404.aspx?error=1

Seems to work ok :)

Offline m0rq

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2016, 11:02 AM »
I love http://offliberty.com/ to save any stream locally, have yet to find a site where it doesn't work.

To save audio from sites that mask their URLs, you could always grab the sound directly from the sound card with tools like http://www.audacityteam.org/.

Offline foureyes1941

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2016, 06:14 PM »
Phew thank you both, it's gone completely over my head, I just about managed the Youtube mp3 converter but have found anything else I tried was full of selling ploys to buy this and that and so am very wary now  but thank you.

Offline tommy99

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2016, 09:01 AM »
If you like an artist then support them by buying their music, don't rip them off.

It costs a lot of time and money to make and promote music. Even some top artists have now decided to stop recording new music because it isn't viable. Top recording studios are closing down, Very highly skilled recording studio people are losing their jobs. It means that recorded music won't be as good in the future.

30 million Youtube views will get an artist about ?1,500. Soundcloud and a lot of internet radio stations don't pay anything at all.

Bands from poor backgrounds can't afford to tour to try to make a name for themselves as they might only get ?30 for a gig and that is between them. Then consider they take time off work, travel costs, a night in a hotel. It isn't viable.

Soon there won't be any great new artists emerging... except for people from a wealthy background.

Offline nikolas 33

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2017, 09:33 AM »
thank for advices

Offline Ghoulie

• Indian Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2017, 03:59 PM »