Author Topic: Lassi... anyone?  (Read 9239 times)

Offline chonk

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Lassi... anyone?
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2013, 08:21 PM »
The last couple of days I've experimented a little and tried a few new lassi recipes. Strangely, I had some negative experience with some canned mango, which I pureed and processed to a mango lassi. The drink was "hairy", little pieces of fibre everywhere. Never happened before, and even tasted the pure puree before I blended the buttermilk in, which seemed absolutely fine at that moment. Really, it felt like you would drink a broom ;P

Nonetheless, want to share another lassi recipe with you (: This will serve one or two, depending on the size of the serving glasses:

Meethi Lassi (Sweet Lassi)

3/4 cup yoghurt
1/4 cup chilled water
1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 1/2-2 tablespoons honey (I really prefer honey over other sweeteners, and would recommend using it as a sweetening agent in all lassis, but you could also use sugar, jaggery etc.)
1/8 teaspoon cardamom powder
1 1/2 teaspoons ground almonds
a few ice cubes (3-5 small ones)

Combine the yoghurt, water, lemon juice and honey in a blender. Process for approx. 30 seconds (up to one minute). Add the cardamom, almonds and the ice cubes. Process till the ice cubes are partially crushed and the drink is frothy. Serve and enjoy!

Anyone tried the banana lassi yet? (:

Greetings!

Offline urbanrajah

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2014, 11:49 AM »
I love Mango Lassi.I have made it 2 times and i have added some low fate cream in this recipe.  :)

Offline KormaDown

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2015, 12:30 PM »
Cheers for the post, I am going to give this a go tonight. :)

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2015, 12:56 PM »
I make mango lassi all the time, but my recipe is very much simpler than Chonk's :

For a 1,2L jug blender --
  • 1/3 850gm tin TRS Kesar Mango pulp
  • 1/2 1L carton Greek or Turkish yoghurt
  • 6 ice cubes
  • Sufficient Rubicon Mango juice (ex. 1L carton) to achieve your preferred consistency.
For a 1,7L jug blender --
  • About 3/2 times as much :  3/4 tub yoghurt, 1/2 tin pulp, 9 ice cubes
** Phil.

Offline chonk

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2020, 10:29 AM »
Forgot to mention that the original recipe for the Banana Lassi called for 120ml white grape juice to be used alternatively for the water, if you like. It's really good. But here's my alltime-favourite, honeyed peach lassi, originally published in "Lord Krishna's Cuisine" too. Probably the most sophisticated lassi recipes I've seen and tasted so far. So have to share them!

2 ripe peaches or nectarines, peeled, pitted and also chopped - but I actually used the canned peach halves
1 pear, also peeled, cored and chopped
1 tablespoon lime juice
4 tablespoons clear honey or sugar
6-8 ice cubes, cracked
240ml coconut milk or apple juice (I prefer coconut milk)
240ml yogurt or buttermilk
pomegranate seeds for garnish (I skipped them)

Combine peaches, pear, lime juice and honey and blend until smooth, then add the ice cubes and pulse a few times. Then add milk/juice, yogurt/buttermilk and process for 1 1/2 minutes or until frothy. Garnish and serve.

©2024 Curry Recipes