Author Topic: CA's Chicken Bhoona  (Read 42922 times)

Offline Fi5H

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
Re: CA's Chicken Bhoona
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2010, 02:17 PM »
the food thickener is placed there next to the coffee jar.. i have to have it in my coffee and drinks.. not food..

I did write about the cornflower but I've never used it since, if you remember i did mention about adding more onions to your base, well this was made from a batch of it..  maybe it is this that is my problem.. I have to make a new batch up but going to stick to the base recipe to the letter.

Offline matt3333

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2010, 02:35 PM »

a)  I generally add a little sugar (sometimes a lot more than than the tsp I specified) because I like my curies a little sweet and I find it really brings out, rounds, and adds depth to the flavours.  However, the addition of sugar is generally optional in my recipes (I'm aware some may frown upon it), so people should add as little or as much as suits their taste.

Hi  Cory
I also like a little sweetness in my curries and tend to add about 1tsp of mango chutney towards the end of cooking.
Just a suggestion you may like to try.
Matt

Offline Cory Ander

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2010, 03:11 PM »
the food thickener is placed there next to the coffee jar.. i have to have it in my coffee and drinks.. not food..

Phew!

if you remember i did mention about adding more onions to your base, well this was made from a batch of it..  maybe it is this that is my problem.. I have to make a new batch up but going to stick to the base recipe to the letter.

Ah, yes, now that you mention it I do remember.  It may well significantly influence your results (I remember, I think, that you wanted to thicken it?).  I agree, I think it would be best to try it, as specified, first, then experiment thereafter.  At least you will then have a benchmark to compare with.

Offline Fi5H

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2010, 04:28 PM »
Thank you Cory for your help and input and thanks again for the bhuna recipe

Andy

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2010, 06:53 AM »
Although the bhuna was mouthwatering it was missing the secret ingredient that I cannot figure out that my local TA includes but that cant be helped,  having said that it reminded me of my favourite dish on this site, your jalfrazi

Hi Fi5H,

What are you saying there? That the bhuna and jalrezi are similar?

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2010, 07:11 AM »
the food thickener is placed there next to the coffee jar.. i have to have it in my coffee and drinks..

I thought I'd been around, seen the world, but thick coffee!?   ??? ;D

Offline Paul1980

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2010, 01:07 PM »
No offence CA but this looks more like a Jalfrezi than a Bhoona. I have never seen or eated a Bhoona with that much pepper in.

Offline Cory Ander

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2010, 01:16 PM »
No offence CA but this looks more like a Jalfrezi than a Bhoona. I have never seen or eated a Bhoona with that much pepper in.

So what's your idea of a bhoona then paul?

Offline Paul1980

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2010, 01:34 PM »
finely sliced green pepper and onion with less sauce than any aother curry.
Not a Jalfrezi without a chilli in though  :-\

Offline Cory Ander

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2010, 01:39 PM »
finely sliced green pepper and onion with less sauce than any aother curry.

Huh?  Then finely slice the onions and pepper (if that's your personal interpretation of a bhoona).  And reduce the pepper.  Simple. 

Not a Jalfrezi without a chilli in though  :-\

What do you think it is then Paul?  Do you really think that a typical BIR bhoona and typical BIR jalfrezi are otherwise fundamentally different?

©2024 Curry Recipes