Author Topic: CTM  (Read 5459 times)

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
Re: CTM
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2017, 12:21 AM »
Maybe see this message and try the suggestions therein.
** Phil.

Offline Nickywelsh

• Chef
    • View Profile
Re: CTM
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2017, 10:22 PM »
Back about 13 years ago my favourite curry to eat was the old CTM, but over the years I became addicted to more fiery dishes, with lamb tikka vindaloo becoming my main favourite. Then a couple of weeks back I saw SoberRat's mayday photos and his CTM set something off in my head. I'd tried many, many, times to make CTM all those years ago, but I'd always ended up with what tasted like tomato soup, it wasn't anywhere near a restaurant dish (by any stretch of the imagination). Anyway, after looking at a number of recipes on here, I went with CA's illustrated. I tweaked it to my taste, used more condensed milk rather than cream, and ditched the lemon, but other than that it was very similar. I have to say, it was just like my favourite CTM's from my favourite London restaurants,  my wife and I couldn't get over it. I used the Zaal base and did the tikka on the BBQ. I finished it with a final 'lick' of the condensed milk. If only I could get this close with my BIR vindaloo. I've nailed the Portuguese vindy, but there's something missing from my BIR style. That said, we'll be eating lots more CTM from now on.

TEST

©2024 Curry Recipes