• May 20, 2019, 12:15 PM
Welcome, guest! Please login or register.
collapse

* RGBD

Author Topic: An Even Better Curry Base  (Read 9972 times)

littlechilie

Re: An Even Better Curry Base
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2018, 10:12 PM »
I am going to post the ULTIMATE base sauce recipe tomorrow. Watch this space...

I am really look forward to reading your post, it’s always an interest to see the way ingredients are placed together . Good luck.

Offline George

• Ive Had Way too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2018, 11:01 AM »

I am really look forward to reading your post, it’s always an interest to see the way ingredients are placed together . Good luck.

Don't hold your breath, I'm sceptical but happy to be proved wrong.

Offline livo

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2018, 01:14 AM »
:o A forum member, signed up in February 2008, waits for nearly 10 years before posting their very first post? Promising to post the ULTIMATE base sauce recipe tomorrow.   ???  Phew. What is that about? 
Whiskey is the answer, but what was the question?

Offline Secret Santa

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2018, 03:00 PM »
A forum member, signed up in February 2008, waits for nearly 10 years before posting their very first post? Promising to post the ULTIMATE base sauce recipe tomorrow.   ???  Phew. What is that about? 

Well (or should that be 'So' to fit in with the retards who start every sentence with it nowadays!), if it's been 10 years in the making "ULTIMATE" may very well be the appropriate adjective. I'm looking forward to it.   ;D
Fighting for truth, justice and the BIR way!

Online Garp

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2018, 05:15 PM »
Well (or should that be 'So' to fit in with the retards who start every sentence with it nowadays!),

So, I'm really glad that I'm not the only one who gets seriously annoyed with this.

Offline livo

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2018, 09:52 PM »
So I'm now pondering the difference between "An Even Better Curry Base" and the ULTIMATE curry base. Ultimate, in being the absolute best achievable, is a very strong claim.
The recent base I made followed a very basic recipe that was apparently restaurant used in the early BIR days. Nothing but Onions, G & G, Tomato, salt, turmeric and paprika, water and very little oil.  Using this, and an equally basic onion paste, produced finished dishes that I was quite happy to have cooked.  It's use also produced a very nice pre-cooked chicken.  It all worked exactly as it should.

Does the inclusion of trace amount vegetables, coconut and extra spices, or the variation of oil ratio, or changing the cooking process from a 1 hour boil and blend to a half-day, 3 pot marathon really produce a better sauce or just a different one?
Whiskey is the answer, but what was the question?

Online Peripatetic Phil

• CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
  • Jedi Curry Master
  • "Attention-seeking disorder"—disease of childhood
    • View Profile
    • The Westberry Hotel / Hoi-An Restaurant
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2018, 10:11 PM »
Does the inclusion of trace amount vegetables, coconut and extra spices, or the variation of oil ratio, or changing the cooking process from a 1 hour boil and blend to a half-day, 3 pot marathon really produce a better sauce or just a different one?
A Very Good Question, Livo.
** Phil.
Ogham's law :  The intellectual content of any message is inversely proportional to the number of emoticons that it contains..

You may like these posts on curry-recipes.co.uk: