Author Topic: An Even Better Curry Base  (Read 19726 times)

littlechilie

Re: An Even Better Curry Base
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2018, 10:12 PM »
I am going to post the ULTIMATE base sauce recipe tomorrow. Watch this space...

I am really look forward to reading your post, it

Online George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2018, 11:01 AM »

I am really look forward to reading your post, it

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2018, 01:14 AM »
:o A forum member, signed up in February 2008, waits for nearly 10 years before posting their very first post? Promising to post the ULTIMATE base sauce recipe tomorrow.   ???  Phew. What is that about? 

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2018, 03:00 PM »
A forum member, signed up in February 2008, waits for nearly 10 years before posting their very first post? Promising to post the ULTIMATE base sauce recipe tomorrow.   ???  Phew. What is that about? 

Well (or should that be 'So' to fit in with the retards who start every sentence with it nowadays!), if it's been 10 years in the making "ULTIMATE" may very well be the appropriate adjective. I'm looking forward to it.   ;D

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2018, 05:15 PM »
Well (or should that be 'So' to fit in with the retards who start every sentence with it nowadays!),

So, I'm really glad that I'm not the only one who gets seriously annoyed with this.

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2018, 09:52 PM »
So I'm now pondering the difference between "An Even Better Curry Base" and the ULTIMATE curry base. Ultimate, in being the absolute best achievable, is a very strong claim.
The recent base I made followed a very basic recipe that was apparently restaurant used in the early BIR days. Nothing but Onions, G & G, Tomato, salt, turmeric and paprika, water and very little oil.  Using this, and an equally basic onion paste, produced finished dishes that I was quite happy to have cooked.  It's use also produced a very nice pre-cooked chicken.  It all worked exactly as it should.

Does the inclusion of trace amount vegetables, coconut and extra spices, or the variation of oil ratio, or changing the cooking process from a 1 hour boil and blend to a half-day, 3 pot marathon really produce a better sauce or just a different one?

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2018, 10:11 PM »
Does the inclusion of trace amount vegetables, coconut and extra spices, or the variation of oil ratio, or changing the cooking process from a 1 hour boil and blend to a half-day, 3 pot marathon really produce a better sauce or just a different one?
A Very Good Question, Livo.
** Phil.

Offline foureyes1941

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2019, 11:33 AM »
' am going to post the ULTIMATE base sauce recipe tomorrow. Watch this space..'

I take it it aint coming so I can stop bating my breath, I presume lol.

Offline jalfreziT

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2019, 02:07 PM »
Well it did take 10 years for a first post, so I think the recipe posting might take another 10 years. By that time I wonder whether man might have already visited the moon?

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2019, 11:15 AM »
There's lots of recipes on this site for perfectly adequate bases that will make excellent curries to rival your favourite takeaway. If there's ever such a thing as the ultimate base then I will convert to being a flat-earther.

©2024 Curry Recipes