Author Topic: Tenderising Chicken  (Read 25410 times)

Offline JonG

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Tenderising Chicken
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2019, 11:06 AM »
 BIRs will get soft chicken by pre cooking it to the right stage. When you cook chicken it will start fairly tender but with a tight texture, go through a tough stage if cooked for longer, but then get to the soft and tender stage that I recognise from a good BIR if cooked for half an hour or more.

Nothing to do with taking it out of the fridge prior to cooking imho.

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2019, 11:37 AM »
well for tonight's meal i think i will cook the can of worms i have opened, after they have got to room temp of course :)

To be honest, I think that healthy (and scientific) debate on potentially important issues such as whether bringing chilled food up to room temperature before cooking can contribute to improved tenderness is what makes this forum such a useful resource. 

On the other hand, posts such as "OMG, that looks wonderful. I could eat that for breakfast", and/or arguments over whether member X has made sufficient contributions to the forum to be referred to as "one of this forum's greatest contributors" add little if anything that could conceivably be of benefit to future visitors to the forum. 

My EUR 0,02.

** Phil.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2019, 04:38 PM by Peripatetic Phil »

Offline jalfreziT

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2019, 06:12 AM »
I like a healthy debate and it's only by challenging ourselves (and each other), that we can get to the core facts.

After all, it wasn't so long ago that I was still telling people that a swan's wing is so strong that it can break your arm.   ;D 

Offline mickyp

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2019, 08:59 AM »
Adding some stock to my can of worms, this is julian Voigt's take on tenderising meat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bz0dOmVS0KY

if the link doesn't work first time refresh the page.

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2019, 09:50 AM »
Adding some stock to my can of worms, this is julian Voigt's [video] take on tenderising meat.

The marinade recipe to which Julian refers can be found below.  Incidentally, I like your pun on stock (footage) !
** Phil.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AierdApIQj0
« Last Edit: March 11, 2019, 10:20 AM by Peripatetic Phil »

Offline jalfreziT

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2019, 02:56 PM »
@littlechili

Polite bump in case you missed the replies to this thread, Would be really great to have your input :)

©2024 Curry Recipes