Author Topic: McIndians, Leicester  (Read 3889 times)

Offline Kashmiri Bob

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
McIndians, Leicester
« on: November 29, 2012, 09:16 AM »
Whilst visiting Leicester last weekend I also had my first McIndians.  They have a large restaurant/cafe in the heart of the city center, but I thought to try one of their prestigious (and rather quaint) mobile outlets.

It was nice to to see the chef at work behind the service hatch, and he was able to give me details of their menu.  Piri-piri chicken was recommended.  I gathered the dish consisted of, chicken strip.  There were also some unspecified lamb and chicken curries available. It was lunchtime and I was feeling peckish so decided to have a starter. I settled on a portion of meat samosas (3).  Chef proudly hoisted up a bag of 50 of the delicacies in frozen form.  Not a brand I recognized.  Excellent, I thought, local produce!  It wasn?t long before my deep fried savories were ready.  The presentation was simple, on a small white polystyrene tray, the type used for chips.  No side salad, so I requested some chilli sauce, and was handed a rather worn (red) chefs sauce bottle.  I gave the samosas several good splurts, but unfortunately (due to the large hole burned in the bottom of my tray) much of the sauce ended up on the floor, narrowly missing my shoes.  Undeterred, I tucked in to this classic Indian dish.  Nice and crispy and I was pleased to note that only one of my samosas was still completely frozen in the middle.  Three was too much for me to be honest, so I carefully deposited the leftovers in the rubbish bin provided, and returned to my daily activities, wondering what the next few hours might bring.

The cost of my meal was one pound and fifty pence.

Rob  :P               

Offline Naga

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: McIndians, Leicester
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2012, 09:31 AM »
I'm guessing your tongue is firmly in your cheek, Rob! Sounds like you should have tried the cowboys instead! :)

Offline Kashmiri Bob

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2012, 09:46 AM »
Aye. It was grim.  I should have known better really.  After ordering I also noticed an apron hung up in the corner that was absolutely filthy.  Havent watched all of Madur Jaffreys Curry Nation series yet, but expect these lot wont be on it.

Rob  :)

Offline Onions

• Elite Curry Master
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2014, 06:08 PM »

The cost of my meal was one pound and fifty pence.

Rob  :P             

Sounds like he should pay people slightly more to eat his food! ...talk about getting what you pay for, eh  :-\

©2024 Curry Recipes