Author Topic: British Indian 2go naan recipe  (Read 15617 times)

Offline Whandsy

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: British Indian 2go naan recipe
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2013, 10:10 PM »
Great looking naans Whandsy

Cheers stephen

Offline Naga

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2013, 10:20 PM »
Those naans look top notch! I had meant to try this recipe at the time but it slipped my mind - I'll definitely try it now after seeing these photos.

Offline uclown2002

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2013, 06:35 AM »
Thought I would give the ingredients in this recipe a try as I haven't made naans in a while, I have to say measurements were approximate and I kneaded and left the dough for a couple of hours before putting into an extremely hot oven and pizza stone. I added chopped chillis to the dough as well. After taking out from the oven i brushed with garlic and coriande butter

Turned out very nice and tasted great!

thanks mick

Wayne

Look the business!  I'm interested in your method as I normally cook the bottom on the hob and finish them off under a hot grill.  Did you cook yours entirely in the oven on a pizza stone?  Looks like you used the grill?

Offline Whandsy

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2013, 11:52 AM »
Cheers Naga,

Uclown, just baked in the oven.

Ensure the dough is well kneaded, then leave for a couple of hours for the flour to fully absorb the moisture.

Crank the oven up as high as it will go with a pizza stone on the top shelf. The oven should be at full tilt for at least half an hour for the stone to heat up correctly. The stone absorbs heat and also emits it which is what helps the oven temperature to rise.

Pop your naan dough on and after a couple of mins it should be nice and puffed up.

The longer the naan is in the oven, the more moisture is taken from it thus drying it out, so the hotter the better.

Once out, brush with a bit of melted butter and pop a piece of tinfoil over it. This will create steam enabling the naan to soften / stay soft!

Good luck

Online mickdabass

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2013, 03:50 PM »
Cheers Naga,

Uclown, just baked in the oven.

Ensure the dough is well kneaded, then leave for a couple of hours for the flour to fully absorb the moisture.

Crank the oven up as high as it will go with a pizza stone on the top shelf. The oven should be at full tilt for at least half an hour for the stone to heat up correctly. The stone absorbs heat and also emits it which is what helps the oven temperature to rise.

Pop your naan dough on and after a couple of mins it should be nice and puffed up.

The longer the naan is in the oven, the more moisture is taken from it thus drying it out, so the hotter the better.

Once out, brush with a bit of melted butter and pop a piece of tinfoil over it. This will create steam enabling the naan to soften / stay soft!

Good luck
Lovely looking naans Whandsy.

Better than I can manage in my tandoor!
Fair play!!

©2024 Curry Recipes