Author Topic: Peppery green chillis  (Read 2316 times)

Offline fried

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
Peppery green chillis
« on: December 16, 2012, 04:04 PM »
Calling all chilli experts.

I recently bought some green chillis which aren't available where I live. I get these from around Gare du nord in Paris which isn't too far but I like to keep a bag in the freezer for emergencies.

The last batch I bought has a really peppery after taste, not unpleasnt but strong. I noticed it when I first made an omelette with them but put it down to the copious amount of black pepper I use. I've noticed that I can still taste it the morning after I've eaten them.

The shop I go to has a couple of varieties of green chilli, one slightly smaller than the other and at different prices. These were the smaller of the two most between 20-30mm. All the shops are Tamil, although I don't know if that makes a difference to the supplier.

I've never noticed this before and maybe it's due to freezing them or a specific chilli variety. Or possibly the onset of some sort of ageing dementia.

Any thoughts?

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
Re: Peppery green chillis
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2012, 04:16 PM »
I recently bought some green chillis which aren't available where I live. I get these from around Gare du nord in Paris  ... maybe it's due to freezing them or a specific chilli variety. Or possibly the onset of some sort of ageing dementia.

Hmm, I have noticed an odd morning-after tingling myself on a few occasions after visiting the Gare du Nord, but my GP gave me some medication that normally clears it up within a few weeks . . .

** Phil.

Offline fried

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Peppery green chillis
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2012, 04:20 PM »
You be careful Phil, they might look like girls after a couple of Pastis..... ;)

©2024 Curry Recipes