Author Topic: chicken madras (my favourite so far)  (Read 18154 times)

eddy87

chicken madras (my favourite so far)
« on: December 21, 2012, 06:32 PM »
Hey

I've been floating around on this forum and a couple of other ones and tried a few different recipes. I stumbled across this one the other day and utility is by far the best so far so I thought I would share as it is not from this site. O yes I used chewytikka's base gravy for this one.

10 pieces of pre-cooked chicken
350ml of pre-simmering melting base gravy
2 tablespoons of melted ghee
1 tablespoon of minced garlic
1 1/2 tablespoons of tomato paste mix
1 tablespoon of mix powder
1 teaspoon of medium chilli powder
1/8 teaspoon of hing
1 tablespoon of chopped coriander stalks
1 tablespoon of chopped coriander leaves
1 teaspoon of dried methi leaves

Method

1. Add the melted ghee to your pan set between low and medium heat. Allow the pan temperature and ghee to equalise. 
2. Add the minced garlic. Keep stirring scraping and shaking the pan and cook the garlic until it turns golden. (This is critical, if undercooked you will impart a raw garlic flavour and if overcooked obviously a burnt taste but more so a bitter taste). Remove from heat.

3. Add the tomato paste mix. Return to the heat and stir in well with the edge of the spoon. (Keep stirring until the tomato paste extrudes colour into the ghee)

4. Add the chilli powder and stir round for a few seconds adding the hing whilst stirring.

5.. Add the mix powder and methi and stir around for 10 seconds, shaking the pan contents in a forward and backwards motion.

6. Add half of the melting base gravy/sauce and turn the heat up full. Keep stirring until boiling occurs. 

7. Add the pre-cooked chicken and the chopped coriander stalks. After about 30 seconds add the remainder of the melting base gravy/sauce. 

8. You should now keep folding in the contents from the outside of the pan to the centre to balance the heat and keep stirring. 9. After about 3 minutes add the finely chopped coriand and season with salt.   8)

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
Re: chicken madras (my favourite so far)
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2012, 06:44 PM »
Looks promising, Eddy : thank you for posting.
** Phil.

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2012, 07:08 PM »
Hi Eddy

I know madras recipes are much of a muchness these days but I'm having serious feelings of deja-vu with this one. I'm pretty sure I've seen it somewhere else (might even have been this forum - my own version is almost identical).

Offline BIR-TY

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2012, 07:27 PM »
its copied from the other site. i thought it looked familiar, i only cooked it last week. i prefer chewys recipe though

Offline PaulP

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2012, 07:36 PM »
The melting base gravy is a bit of a giveaway that it comes from RCR.

Paul

eddy87

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2012, 09:35 PM »
 Might come in handy for the noobs like myself ???

Offline PaulP

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2012, 10:26 PM »
Might come in handy for the noobs like myself ???

Sorry what I really meant was if it is a cut and paste job from RCR, the other curry site then it may be a copyright breach. I suppose by using Chewy's base and not the RCR melting base you might be ok but I'm no expert.

Paul

eddy87

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2012, 11:48 PM »
O rite, I didn't consider copyright  :o. I shall bear this in mind in future  ;D

Online George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2012, 01:10 AM »
Sorry what I really meant was if it is a cut and paste job from RCR, the other curry site then it may be a copyright breach. I suppose by using Chewy's base and not the RCR melting base you might be ok but I'm no expert.

I'm no expert either but I assume if there's a risk of copyright breach, then the use of a different base is unlikely to be much defence.  I say leave it, though and call their (I mean his) bluff.  See if the legal team he claims to retain ($1000s per annum, even before they do anything specific?) is worth the web space it's written on.

I see also that my comment here, hinting at terrible navigation on that site is now being acted upon. I doubt if it's coincidence. Perhaps I should send him a bill for advisory services.

Offline Cory Ander

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2012, 07:30 AM »
I say leave it, though and call their (I mean his) bluff.  See if the legal team he claims to retain ($1000s per annum, even before they do anything specific?) is worth the web space it's written on

Yet another error of judgement, in my opinion, George. 

The material belongs elsewhere and should be deleted (unless their/his express permission is given to publish it here, which it's not).  And it should be deleted by someone who hasn't promised to only remove spam (i.e. not you).

Yet again, all it does (and can do) is bring this forum into disrepute.

I used the word "provocative" (which is far too kind) in a recent thread.  I actually meant "antagonistic".

©2024 Curry Recipes