Author Topic: 4 x Madras in one pot  (Read 4144 times)

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
Re: 4 x Madras in one pot
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2013, 08:14 PM »
.....and for what it is worth, my own experience on more than one occasion is that simply doubling the ingredients does not work and quadrupling even less so. I have however made two single dishes and combined the two and it has been fine.
Absolutely : I can think of no reason at all why combining two separately cooked single portions to make a double portion could be anything other than a complete success; but the alchemy that underlies the scaling of the ingredients as the portion size is increased remains a mystery, to me at least . . .

** Phil.

Offline RubyDoo

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2013, 08:28 PM »
Ok.  I think this is probably now best left to the content of the other thread which you kindly provided a link to and which i have now read in full.  ;)

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2013, 08:30 PM »
No mystery. As I've explained before, if you double or treble the ingredients and you get a different result it's because you've cooked it differently, it's that simple.

Were that not the case, again as said before (and undoubtedly will have to be said again), by the time your up to ten times the quantity or higher, you wouldn't need any spices at all! Reductio ad absurdum wins the day once again.  :P

Offline RubyDoo

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2013, 08:36 PM »
Not even going to nose that bait  ;). Its all been said  ;D

©2024 Curry Recipes