Author Topic: Pizza recipes anyone?  (Read 15905 times)

Offline natterjak

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
Pizza recipes anyone?
« on: January 12, 2013, 05:46 PM »
Just wondering if anyone has proven, reliable recipes for making pizza at home....? Eg a pizza dough and tomato sauce recipe and a workable method for cooking them in a home oven..?

My last attempts have been disappointing, with dough which was too springy (when stretched it sprung back, or went to uneven thickness) and my attempts to bake them in a home oven led to fairly soggy results. I gave up in the end.

With dominos pizzas costing circa

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Pizza recipes anyone?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2013, 06:25 PM »
With dominos pizzas costing circa

Offline Kelsier Luthadel

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2013, 06:48 PM »
I've got two tried and tested dough recipes on my site.

I'm happy to help if you have any queries.

http://www.adropofsplosh.com/home/main/italian/pizza

Offline Kelsier Luthadel

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2013, 06:52 PM »
When making the tomato sauce base for the pizza, try using passata flavoured with garlic and oregano and put it in a pan over a medium heat. Keep stirring for ten minutes or so until the passata thickens up, it will splutter but don't worry, keep stirring. When it cools down, it is ready to spread over the pizza base.

Offline Unclebuck

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2013, 09:27 PM »

Offline natterjak

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2013, 11:47 AM »
I've got two tried and tested dough recipes on my site.

I'm happy to help if you have any queries.

http://www.adropofsplosh.com/home/main/italian/pizza

Thanks Jay, great site :)) I will be having a go at this sometime (not straight away) so all hit you with questions if they come up.

Offline natterjak

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile

Offline Malc.

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2013, 12:22 PM »
Jamie Oliver has some cracking recipes for dough and sauce. I can copy them out for you if you like. The great part about them is they can be frozen in portions both dough and sauce and used as and when.

Best results we have cooking is using the perforated pizza trays but you can get good results on a plain baking tray as long as you put plenty of course semolina on the tray first.

Offline curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2013, 01:47 PM »
Well, at least i know where to come for info, if i ever get the urge for pizza rather than curry  ::)  Such an amazing site with a knowledgeable community is this  ;D

Offline natterjak

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2013, 03:34 PM »
Jamie Oliver has some cracking recipes for dough and sauce. I can copy them out for you if you like. The great part about them is they can be frozen in portions both dough and sauce and used as and when.

Best results we have cooking is using the perforated pizza trays but you can get good results on a plain baking tray as long as you put plenty of course semolina on the tray first.

Hi axe, there are some recipes I found here: http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/uncategorised-recipes/pizza-dough
And here: http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/bread-recipes/basic-pizza

Are they the ones you had in mind? I'm interested in freezing dough balls as this is surprising to me, that they can be defrosted and used again... Surely freezing kills the yeast?

©2024 Curry Recipes