Author Topic: BIR Garlic and Ginger paste video.  (Read 8602 times)

Offline h4ppy-chris

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
BIR Garlic and Ginger paste video.
« on: February 03, 2013, 04:11 PM »

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
Re: BIR Garlic and Ginger paste video.
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2013, 04:24 PM »
Is this video better?

The top of the tub looked as near as dammit a perfect circle on the YouTube version (I didn't look at the embedded one), so I think you have cracked it.  But you do use a lot of oil, don't you ?!  I make mine in a goblet blender, and I use just enough oil to ensure that it settles back, then top up if necessary once it is in the jar.

** Phil.

Offline h4ppy-chris

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2013, 04:50 PM »
Is this video better?

The top of the tub looked as near as dammit a perfect circle on the YouTube version (I didn't look at the embedded one), so I think you have cracked it.  But you do use a lot of oil, don't you ?!  I make mine in a goblet blender, and I use just enough oil to ensure that it settles back, then top up if necessary once it is in the jar.

** Phil.

It's the way i have been shown Phil, the oil settles on top, you pull the G&G up though it.

Offline RubyDoo

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2013, 05:20 PM »
How long would you rely on the oil to preserve it? Or would you freeze it? I am currently freezing in 1TBS portions but if is would last  few months then maybe that is worth considering. If I am going to faff about I would rather do it in one go so I do tend to make a significant batch at a time. Smaller quantities I suppose I need not worry about preserving so much.

Offline h4ppy-chris

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2013, 06:07 PM »
How long would you rely on the oil to preserve it? Or would you freeze it? I am currently freezing in 1TBS portions but if is would last  few months then maybe that is worth considering. If I am going to faff about I would rather do it in one go so I do tend to make a significant batch at a time. Smaller quantities I suppose I need not worry about preserving so much.

It just sits in the fridge with a lid on. I am happy using up to 5 weeks, it stays white.

Offline RubyDoo

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2013, 06:17 PM »
Still also like the tuff I had to prepare for the Jaipuri. That had something special about it. More faff though.

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2013, 06:28 PM »
Still also like the tuff I had to prepare for the Jaipuri. That had something special about it. More faff though.

What was that?

Offline RubyDoo

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2013, 07:44 PM »

What was that?

As in the test thread thing. Panpots ashoka jaipuri set for me to do. 60 40 split garlic / ginger blended with some oil z( from memory ) but then fried off before using.

Offline RubyDoo

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile

Offline emin-j

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2013, 09:01 PM »
I only prepare as much G/G as I am going to use at the time,storing g/g puree doesn't seem a good idea if you read this section taken from a link posted by DalPuri.
Takeaways would get through a massive amount of g/g so storage probably wouldn't be an issue.

Garlic Botulism

The title of this section could be

©2024 Curry Recipes