Author Topic: 5 hours cooking lessons FREE, The taste of Indian TakeAway - Unlocked  (Read 44799 times)

Offline Garabi Army

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
How was the lesson Ken?

I've not been back long from an excellent day at Chris's house where he demonstrated to me all the techniques, methods, and a few recipes to be getting on with, that (I believe) has got me to the BIR Promised Land. I was taught things today that I have not seen on any of the forums, or in any of the books/eBooks that I own.
I brought home a box of goodies that consisted of, base gravy, pre-cooked chicken, spiced oil, mix powder, and 3 curries, all of which we made and two of the curries I made myself.
When I arrived home and unpacked the box in the kitchen the aroma was spot on, it smelled just like a delivery from our local BIR restaurant.
I know my comments will be treated with cynicism by some, I can understand that, but before our meeting I only knew of Chris through his posts and videos, he kindly invited me to his home to basically be his guinea pig, he wanted to demonstrate that anyone could achieve the same results as he has.
I know one thing, when Chris releases his eBook I don

Offline natterjak

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
Quick Ken! Write it all up as an e-book and release it for

Offline Garabi Army

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
Quick Ken! Write it all up as an e-book and release it for

Offline madstwatter

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
Thanks for the update Ken. Really looking forward to Chris's ebook.

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
I've not been back long from an excellent day at Chris's house where he demonstrated to me all the techniques, methods, and a few recipes to be getting on with, that (I believe) has got me to the BIR Promised Land. I was taught things today that I have not seen on any of the forums, or in any of the books/eBooks that I own.
I brought home a box of goodies that consisted of, base gravy, pre-cooked chicken, spiced oil, mix powder, and 3 curries, all of which we made and two of the curries I made myself.
When I arrived home and unpacked the box in the kitchen the aroma was spot on, it smelled just like a delivery from our local BIR restaurant.
I know my comments will be treated with cynicism by some, I can understand that, but before our meeting I only knew of Chris through his posts and videos, he kindly invited me to his home to basically be his guinea pig, he wanted to demonstrate that anyone could achieve the same results as he has.

Offline spiceyokooko

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
When I arrived home and unpacked the box in the kitchen the aroma was spot on, it smelled just like a delivery from our local BIR restaurant. I know my comments will be treated with cynicism by some, I can understand that...

Indeed.

Achieving a very BIR smell and aroma is not that hard, many people on here already do it. When people come to my house the day after I've been cooking BIR Food they all complain my house stinks like an Indian Takeaway - it's not that hard.

Many people have been on here claiming the same thing, many who've worked in BIR's, many who've worked in the industry, well respected people like Khris Dillon and Bruce Edwards who have far more experience of this than Chris does and they've all failed to produce the breakthrough we've all searched for.

Many people on here have been working at this for 30 odd years or more.

This guy so far has come up with jack shit.

Only the other day I was reading a post from him where he was claiming that high heat was the answer, then the next minute it wasn't - the guy's full of crap.

I'll say this to him - put up or shut up.

However, I'm man enough to stick my hand up and admit I'm wrong if and when, but only if and when he comes up with the goods, until then, he's full of crap as far as I'm concerned and won't reveal anything to most people here over and above what they already know.

Base sauce, spiced oil, mix powder?  ::)

Offline h4ppy-chris

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
How was the lesson Ken?

Offline natterjak

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
When I arrived home and unpacked the box in the kitchen the aroma was spot on, it smelled just like a delivery from our local BIR restaurant. I know my comments will be treated with cynicism by some, I can understand that...
<snip>
This guy so far has come up with jack shit.

Only the other day I was reading a post from him where he was claiming that high heat was the answer, then the next minute it wasn't - the guy's full of crap.

I'll say this to him - put up or shut up.
<snip>

Are you just trolling, or did you have a point to make? You know your posting style seems awfully familiar but I can't place it...  Have you previously posted under another name?

On the subject of Chris's book, why not wait for it to arrive then judge him on what he produces?  Seems like the fair way to go about things. Or were you just looking to start an argument?

Offline goncalo

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
Achieving a very BIR smell and aroma is not that hard, many people on here already do it. When people come to my house the day after I've been cooking BIR Food they all complain my house stinks like an Indian Takeaway - it's not that hard.

Agreed. Judging from smell, my house, my filtered oil and my pantry are fully BIR compliant.  ::)

Offline spiceyokooko

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
Are you just trolling, or did you have a point to make? You know your posting style seems awfully familiar but I can't place it...  Have you previously posted under another name?

I simply expressed my personal opinion, which as I understand it is my prerogative to do on an open forum given the subject was on topic. Or are you suggesting I'm not entitled to an opinion on this?

I thought I made it crystal clear what my point was and I thought I communicated it fairly concisely. However as you seem to feel there's some ambiguity there, let me reiterate it and make it clearer for you.

I think this guy is full of crap. I think he's picked up a few neat tricks from a BIR chef he's matey with and now thinks he's the dogs gonads to all things BIR cookery and is now going to teach all us failed BIR cook wannabee's where we've all been going wrong all these 30 odd years.

Is that clearer?

And to assuage your curiosity I've been posting with this nickname since I've been here, I've never used any other.

On the subject of Chris's book, why not wait for it to arrive then judge him on what he produces?  Seems like the fair way to go about things. Or were you just looking to start an argument?

Yes, we're all waiting with baited breath for it, for some time. Where is it? Until he comes up with something of substance, which he hasn't yet done, I really don't think he can strut around here claiming he has all the answers, do you?

It's becoming a tad tiresome.

Have a look at the ginger/garlic thread. In his words '...I just want to find out how much you know...? ::)

©2024 Curry Recipes