Author Topic: "Red Masala" (Tandoori/Tikka Paste)  (Read 3537 times)

Offline woodpecker21

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
"Red Masala" (Tandoori/Tikka Paste)
« on: September 24, 2006, 01:30 PM »
hi g/gls
here is the tandoori / tikka masala that pete posted (when he was shown CTM and korma by a chef)

TANDOORI / TIKKA masala
equal quantities of the following ingredients

tandoori paste(pataks)
tikka paste(pataks)
kashmiri masala(pataks)
ground almonds
coconut powder

add to a bowl and mix well should be vivid red paste. just with the korma masala add what you need to acheive best results,
in pete's demo 1desertspoon was used.
recipe  posted for ctm under heading chicken tikka masala and chicken korma demo

good luck
regards
gary ;)
« Last Edit: January 20, 2007, 12:49 PM by Cory Ander »

Offline parker21

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: "Red Masala" (Tandoori/Tikka Paste)
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2009, 08:45 PM »
hi guys
as there is talk of more on the CTM  thought i should bump this up the ratings and maybe the korma paste, using a combo of the two pastes you should have a ctm paste. bearing i mind these are made up by the restaurants to save time and the use has been witnessed by pete at his CTM demo back in the older days. i know they work as i have made a good many CTM's for my mate a he loves them more than his locals.

i will also try to post my chicken tikka vindaloo, my wifes favourite, having made some chicken tikka for the guys at Mouchak our new local haunt and they said it was just like theirs when i told them the ingredients they were most impressed and most delicious ( my 2 daughters 6&9  and wife love this too)
anyway guys look around the older demos from the forums most of the answers are there!
regards gary :)

Offline joshallen2k

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2009, 01:06 AM »
As I'm still on the hunt for the (my) perfect BIR CTM, I think a specific masala for CTM may in fact be a more common practice than I first thought.

I tried the Curry Barking Mad CTM recipe (Youtube: Curryholic1 CTM) and it uses a yogurt-and-Patak's based masala. While I had previously gone off the notion of yogurt in a CTM, I tried this and was very surprised by the results. I almost threw it out, when after adding the masala and base, it was so runny I thought "this can't be right". Then with a good 5 minutes hard boil reduction, turned out very very good.

-- Josh

Offline parker21

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2010, 09:48 AM »
hi guys for the third time i will bump this up the ratings as i can't find my original post re 3-pot method
regards
gary ;)

©2024 Curry Recipes