Author Topic: hydroponics my chilli growing setup video  (Read 24985 times)

Offline h4ppy-chris

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: hydroponics my chilli growing setup video
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2013, 07:01 PM »

Oky been and bought a fan.  :) Thanks for the other tips.  ;)
"spray them once a day too while they're young and before they start to flower." Why mate?

Again, it keeps the plants healthy, raises the humidity and keeps them clean from any possible pests and diseases.
You're trying to recreate the perfect environment for them indoors, sun, wind, dew, rain etc.
Give them a light misting first thing in the morning.

I'm sure a lot of peoples houseplants would benefit from a good spray once in a while.  ;)

Got ya, i will spray them tomorrow. I have the lights on for 16 hours and off for 8 hour, should the fan be on all the time the light is on?

Offline DalPuri

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2013, 07:33 PM »
should the fan be on all the time the light is on?

Definitely Chris. Depending how warm your house gets at night, i'd have the fan running 24hours.

Offline h4ppy-chris

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2013, 08:21 PM »
should the fan be on all the time the light is on?

Definitely Chris. Depending how warm your house gets at night, i'd have the fan running 24hours.

Cheers mate. Once the flower is open, how many days do i leave it before i self pollinate it?

Offline DalPuri

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2013, 08:37 PM »

Cheers mate. Once the flower is open, how many days do i leave it before i self pollinate it?

I dont think it really matters too much Chris because you're going to need a good few flowers on the plant before it becomes worthwhile to go from each one with a paintbrush anyway.  ;)

Offline Geezah

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2013, 09:14 PM »
I have never been a fan of chemicals being used in grow rooms.
Make sure the plants get a week or 3 flushed with water and no food before harvesting to rinse out the chemicals.

When I grew "sage" it was all organic.... can't see why you dont do the same with your set up, you can achieve the same yeild.

Offline h4ppy-chris

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2013, 10:37 AM »

I dont think it really matters too much Chris because you're going to need a good few flowers on the plant before it becomes worthwhile to go from each one with a paintbrush anyway.  ;)

Thanks mate, found this;
http://www.chilliesontheweb.co.uk/growing-chilli-guide/flowering-and-pollination/

Offline h4ppy-chris

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2013, 10:40 AM »
I have never been a fan of chemicals being used in grow rooms.
Make sure the plants get a week or 3 flushed with water and no food before harvesting to rinse out the chemicals.

When I grew "sage" it was all organic.... can't see why you dont do the same with your set up, you can achieve the same yeild.

hydroponics just fascinates me. I have taken on board about doing a flush.

Online martinvic

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2013, 01:01 PM »
Hi Chris

Nice set up.

When you are a bit more experienced at this, are you planning on growing the more expensive, harder to grow types of chillies?
Only at the moment it doesn't seem a very economical way (with electricity, cost of all the kit, nutrients etc.) of growing them if they are pretty much bog standard chillies.
IMHO they would grow just as well on a sunny windowsill/outside or would even probably be cheaper to just buy them.

As someone mentioned, Cannabis grown in this way would pay for itself and said equipment pretty quickly, especially as I believe it costs about ?20 for about 3 grams these days.

Martin

Offline Unclefrank

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile

Offline h4ppy-chris

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2013, 11:11 AM »
Hi Chris

Nice set up.

When you are a bit more experienced at this, are you planning on growing the more expensive, harder to grow types of chillies?
Only at the moment it doesn't seem a very economical way (with electricity, cost of all the kit, nutrients etc.) of growing them if they are pretty much bog standard chillies.
IMHO they would grow just as well on a sunny windowsill/outside or would even probably be cheaper to just buy them.

As someone mentioned, Cannabis grown in this way would pay for itself and said equipment pretty quickly, especially as I believe it costs about ?20 for about 3 grams these days.

Martin
Hi Martin, the plant in the vid with the flower is one of two plants, the other is on the window sill. The one on the widow sill has 2 tiny buds, the one in the vid as 15  :)
It has not cost that much  ::) compared to the fun i am having.
I would love to grow some other types of chillies, if anybody whats to send me any seeds  ;)
As for growing Cannabis, i like my freedom to much.

©2024 Curry Recipes