Author Topic: hydroponics my chilli growing setup video  (Read 24982 times)

Offline h4ppy-chris

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: hydroponics my chilli growing setup video
« Reply #50 on: July 09, 2013, 09:08 AM »
Like it George, hope it works for you. I had to throw my plants, had too many in that small space and the pots were too small. So the next set up is gona be one plant in a 3x3 foot square, need bigger pot so the plant as something to anchor itself too.

Offline Kashmiri Bob

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 09, 2013, 10:16 AM »
Still waiting for my kashmiri chilli plants to flower.  Planted the seeds in January.  Grew nicely in plastic TA containers.  Split them up into more containers.  Seemed to have stopped growing now though.  Fed them with tomato feed, half dose. Look nice and healthy, but no flowers.

Rob  :(

Offline markh3565

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 10, 2013, 01:53 PM »
Still waiting for my kashmiri chilli plants to flower.  Planted the seeds in January.  Grew nicely in plastic TA containers.  Split them up into more containers.  Seemed to have stopped growing now though.  Fed them with tomato feed, half dose. Look nice and healthy, but no flowers.

Rob  :(

Rob

Strange should be flowering by now - where have you kept them? - not been very active lately so you might have covered this in a recent thread so sorry if I've missed it.

I planted my Kashmiri's late January aswell - cant believe the amount of flowers relative to the size of plant - some chilli's fruiting just this week.

Offline Kashmiri Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 11, 2013, 10:10 AM »
They look great Mark.  Hoping mine burst into life soon outside in this hot weather.

Rob  :)

Online George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 15, 2013, 08:11 PM »
Still waiting for my kashmiri chilli plants to flower. 

Me too! I can't understand why the flowers are taking so long to open. There are plenty of buds on the pot plant I bought from B&Q about 6 weeks ago. Perhaps the 30C temperatures this week will help.

Offline Kashmiri Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 15, 2013, 09:28 PM »
Still waiting for my kashmiri chilli plants to flower. 

Me too! I can't understand why the flowers are taking so long to open. There are plenty of buds on the pot plant I bought from B&Q about 6 weeks ago. Perhaps the 30C temperatures this week will help.

Not even got any buds yet George and the plants have been baking in the sunshine all week. Been well watered as well.  Reckon I'll stress them a bit with no water to see if that helps.  Worked for the wife's lilly plants. Haven't flowered for years, but she dug them up and moved them, and now they are flowering like mad.  Absolutely no idea what I am doing with chilli growing though. Must be a knack to it.

Rob  :)

Online George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 15, 2013, 10:23 PM »
Worked for the wife's lilly plants. Haven't flowered for years, but she dug them up and moved them, and now they are flowering like mad. 

That's amazing. But how would most people guess to do such a thing unless told? It sounds a bit like tricks probably used by the best chefs to produce really tasty BIR dishes.

©2024 Curry Recipes