Author Topic: Chillies on the web  (Read 7308 times)

Offline Salvador Dhali

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
Chillies on the web
« on: April 09, 2013, 01:04 PM »

Just been browsing the web in search of a good source of unusual / difficult to find chillies and seeds, and came across this excellent site:

http://www.chilliesontheweb.co.uk/

Not only do they offer an impressive range from around the world (India, Mexico, Peru, China, Thailand, Turkey, Burma, etc), plus a great selection of seeds and other chilli related goodness, but their prices are really good, and postage is free on orders above

Offline RubyDoo

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Chillies on the web
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2013, 01:08 PM »
What an excellent site.

Offline Salvador Dhali

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2013, 01:26 PM »
It is indeed. I'm still busy looking through some of the recipes and recipe videos, which beats the hell out of working.

Just found their eBay page, too, and pleased to see that they score 100% positive feedback over the last 12 months.

My order should be here in a few days, so I'll let you know if they live up to the rep!

Offline RubyDoo

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2013, 01:29 PM »
It is indeed. I'm still busy looking through some of the recipes and recipe videos, which beats the hell out of working.

Just found their eBay page, too, and pleased to see that they score 100% positive feedback over the last 12 months.

My order should be here in a few days, so I'll let you know if they live up to the rep!

Will hold you to that and.... please remind me, was it you that gave me the name of the shop over the road from Dadu's in Tooting?  if so, please remind me.

Offline DalPuri

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2013, 01:40 PM »

Will hold you to that and.... please remind me, was it you that gave me the name of the shop over the road from Dadu's in Tooting?  if so, please remind me.

This was sourced from dadu's in Tooting, well known and a good supplier

Dadu's is expensive! and although a big shop, not very well stocked. Get yourself across the road to Bhavins.
The only place in Tooting i found that sells Mr. Naga and fresh naga chillies.  ;) And Jalpur brand.
Cheaper and busier.

Cheers, Frank.  :)

Offline RubyDoo

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2013, 01:54 PM »
Obliged and apologies for mixing up my Dali's and my Dhal's   ;)

Offline Salvador Dhali

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2013, 02:07 PM »

Easily done, RD!

Meanwhile, a mere hour after placing my chilli order I have received email confirmation that it has been dispatched.

Now that's what I call speedy service!

10 out of 10 so far....

Offline DalPuri

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2013, 02:27 PM »

;D :-*

Offline Salvador Dhali

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2013, 03:11 PM »
Having received my order this morning, less than 24 hours after ordering, I now find myself seriously impressed by this company. (As the postage was free I was expecting it to take 2 - 4 days.)

Although Indian/BIR is my first love, I adore all cuisines that make liberal use of spices (and chillies in particular), and as you can see from the pic, I was in Mexican mode when I ordered. From left to right, we have top quality guajillo, chipotle, and ancho chillies, and below is a bonus freebie packet of Mexican oregano, too.

Cost of the chillies below, delivered, was

Offline Naga

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2013, 03:52 PM »
Well spotted, SD! Must have a look at the site for some supplies - the turnaround on delivery is superb and the product quality looks perfectly acceptable too.

©2024 Curry Recipes