Author Topic: Stain removal tip.  (Read 4624 times)

Offline stevepaul

• Chef
    • View Profile
Stain removal tip.
« on: April 17, 2013, 08:37 PM »
 Here's a tip that works every time  for removing the yellow stains from cookers, worktops, plates etc. 

Just place a few drops of sterilising fluid over the stain and push it around with your finger to make sure the stain is covered. Wait for a couple of minutes, then wipe off and you should find the stain has gone. With plates and utensils just place them in the sink with a good squirt of the liquid then fill with water until everything's covered. Leave to soak for a while and they will come out spotless.

Offline goncalo

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Stain removal tip.
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2013, 12:05 PM »
Here's a tip that works every time  for removing the yellow stains from cookers, worktops, plates etc. 

Just place a few drops of sterilising fluid over the stain and push it around with your finger to make sure the stain is covered. Wait for a couple of minutes, then wipe off and you should find the stain has gone. With plates and utensils just place them in the sink with a good squirt of the liquid then fill with water until everything's covered. Leave to soak for a while and they will come out spotless.

Great, these tips are never enough. What is sterilising fluid?

In my case, I find lidl bleach works fine on kitchen top counters.

Offline Malc.

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2013, 12:12 PM »
I am told that Dettol Mould & Mildew is very effective.

Offline goncalo

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2013, 02:25 PM »
I am told that Dettol Mould & Mildew is very effective.

tried, didn't find it to be very effective, but then again, there may be several strengths?

Offline Les

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2013, 04:15 PM »
What is sterilising fluid?

Mostly used for sterilizing baby feeding bottles, (if my memory serves me well ;D)

Les

Offline stevepaul

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2013, 07:42 PM »
Hi Guys.

"Milton" is the most popular brand and as Les said, it is very often used to sterilise baby bottles, but as the name implies, it will sterilise anything. I just buy a generic brand as it's much cheaper than "Milton".

I don't know how I discovered this way of removing curry stains, but it has never let me down yet. Just a couple of minutes on a stain and it lifts off straight away. No scrubbing required. I hope some of you try it and report back to here to let us know what you think.

Online curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2013, 08:06 PM »
Suggest you don't use it to remove stains from your clothes though as it contains bleach :o :o  A good spot of Fairy rubbed in, left and then washed normally does the job a treat  ;)

©2024 Curry Recipes