Author Topic: Recipe Wanted: Shahi Keema Handi (EastZEast Restaurant chain)  (Read 8330 times)

Offline chewytikka

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
Re: Recipe Wanted: Shahi Keema Handi (EastZEast Restaurant chain)
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2013, 11:26 PM »
Nothing really odd about this dish, or South Indian, when you realise this is from a Punjabi Style Restaurant Chain.

The dish in a Bengali BIR would translate into a similar Mughlai dish, which has many variants using Keema and Egg,
but can't say Iv'e ever noticed Dal included, but like Shahi, just means food fit for a king. (Traditional Roots)

Good luck making this ;)

cheers Chewytikka

Offline Mathmos_man

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2013, 07:32 PM »
Returned from our last visit with some sneaky photos of the leftovers to illustrate best what I meant. Hopefully it will inspire others to have a stab and i'll post up any attempts I've tried together with the criticism from my missus !! (Ignore the lumps of paneer in it ... She likes it that way)

Again - any comments welcome...

Math

Offline Mathmos_man

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2013, 07:33 PM »
Well I finally got round to trying this tonight. I followed the suggestions, frying off some lamb mince then simmering it for 20 mins adding to a bhuna sauce recipe, then mixing with some cooked chana dal finally stirring in some whisked egg. Bought a smile to my wife's face so I guess it must have been fairly close.

Thanks all for your help on this  :)

Offline Naga

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2013, 08:56 PM »
Well done, indeed,Mm! You stuck with it and it looks as if you got where you wanted to be. I must admit that I can't visualise this dish or imagine what it tastes like - even with your photos lol! - but if your missus gives it the thumbs-up then you've won a watch! :-)

Offline Mathmos_man

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2013, 10:02 PM »
Cheers ! When I finally unpack the computer from the house move I'll try and get my a$$ in gear and type up the whole recipe in case anyone else gets curious  :)

©2024 Curry Recipes