Author Topic: Shado Beni / Long Coriander  (Read 10104 times)

Offline DalPuri

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
Shado Beni / Long Coriander
« on: May 15, 2013, 08:29 PM »
Came across this herb just now whilst looking at Doubles recipes.
Could've been a possible candidate for the recent ribbed coriander stems? More than likely would've been a rogue parsley stalk that slipped into the bunch of coriander. I've found that quite common when buying from Indian supermarkets.     

Shadow beni is a leafy herb native to the West Indies and Central America. It is widely used in the cuisine of these regions, and it also appears in Asian foods. This herb can sometimes be difficult to obtain outside these regions; sometimes specialty stores will stock it frozen or in cans. If shadow beni is not available, cilantro can be used as a replacement.
This herb has a multitude of alternate names, which adds to the confusion for many cooks. Formally, shadow beni is known as Eryngium foetidum, but it is also known by bhandhanya, fitweed, long coriander, false cilantro, culantro, recao, shado beni, sawtooth, spiritweed, ngo gai, ketumbar java, Mexican coriander, donnia, and spiritweed, among many other names. This profusion of alternate titles is especially frustrating for cooks who try to work with ethnic recipes, as many people are unaware of alternate names for the herb.
As the name

Offline johnwill

• Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Shado Beni / Long Coriander
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2014, 03:44 PM »
The color seems to be different

Offline nursetermite

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2015, 04:55 AM »

Information is posted on been very good. The information that we keep up the very good lot.

Offline Onions

• Elite Curry Master
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2015, 11:40 AM »
Well, absolutely.

Offline arayaexist

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2015, 05:26 AM »

It is learned that the new me. I do not know that I'm never aware of before. And I promise to use in daily life every day.

©2024 Curry Recipes